Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Why I like Duplicolor bedliner coating.

Old 02-22-2009, 12:03 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why I like Duplicolor bedliner coating.

Recently I was minding my own business just meandering down a pretty trail when suddenly a stationary tree jumped out in front of me. I swerved first to the left and then to the right, but in the end, all to no avail as I still collided with the tree.

Even though I tagged the tree pretty hard, no significant damage was sustained other than to my pride, and my front bumper, which merely evidenced some scraping to the spray-on Duplicolor bedliner I used to both better protect the bumper, and dull the glossy black powder coat with a matte finish that better matched the stock fenders.

Below are a couple shots of the before and after. Thank goodness this stuff is only $9 a can, and I didn't have to head back to some specialty coating application shop. I'm very happy with the outcome, and now know that if any more crazy trees or rocks decide to hit me, any resulting impact marks can be easily repaired.

Before (dulled powder coat is showing from impact):

After:

Here is a pic of the bumper a few days after the Duplicolor repair:

Old 02-22-2009, 12:06 PM
JK Junkie

nice
where ya getting your duplicolor?
Old 02-22-2009, 12:13 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by fish
nice
where ya getting your duplicolor?
From any one of three different auto-part chain stores here in the area.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

WOW
i've always heard that it matched up good on touchups. but you can't see anything in the picture. does it really look like that if so i'm going to do my whole interior in it! i was hesitant to diy my interiour, but if this stuff is that idiot proof then i might as well.. and for 9 buck a can it won't cost a thing!
Old 02-22-2009, 01:54 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by bareass
WOW
i've always heard that it matched up good on touchups. but you can't see anything in the picture. does it really look like that if so i'm going to do my whole interior in it! i was hesitant to diy my interiour, but if this stuff is that idiot proof then i might as well.. and for 9 buck a can it won't cost a thing!
Yes, it looks like that. Perform a search on Duplicolor - lots of input and pics from various folks, and someone has already used it on their interior.

Here's a thread that has several more shots of the bumper prior to installation - there's also a little discussion about the pros and cons of using Duplicolor vs. paying a few hundred dollars for the various professional liner/coatings. ---> https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...899#post847899
Old 02-22-2009, 02:43 PM
JK Junkie

Yeah. I need to touch up my quad light bumper again. Deep scratches in my dupli.
Wish I could buy it cheaper by the case.

Remember, everyone...the secret is layers... Not gloopy. (is that even a word?)
Old 02-22-2009, 03:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am with you on this stuff... I alwasy have used it on the rear door as I have junk bumping around back there... Little scuffing and recoat and good as new.
Old 02-22-2009, 03:58 PM
JK Super Freak

That's nice looking. I might just cover my whole Warn front bumper because I've got some scuffs on it already.
Old 02-22-2009, 04:18 PM
JK Super Freak

It's definitely an amazing product....just last night a friend of mine and I tested it out on one of my stock steel wheels. I had already used it on the grill emblem and my skid row skidplate, but wanted to see how it did on some wheels too.....

painted:

baking under a heater:

close-up:

It's not gonna be as tough as Line-X, but it looks awesome and it does hold up pretty well....we threw some hammers and screw drivers at the wheel just to see what happened, and it did just fine!!
Old 02-22-2009, 07:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nice! Anyone with pics of this on the interior? I cant afford Line X right now, but the carpet has to go and this would make the inside much more durable. Good idea on the skid row plate! I hate the silver. I think I'm going to do that as well as my hubs, no center caps and rust is setting in quick. Gotta love it for $9 a can.

Quick Reply: Why I like Duplicolor bedliner coating.