Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2015 Jeep - When will we see it?

Old 10-10-2012, 01:27 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2015 Jeep - When will we see it?

How soon do you think we'll see the next version of the Jeep? They normally show concept vehicles at shows and whatnot. I'm dying to see what it looks like and am holding off buying a new Jeep until I know what the new one is going to be like.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2015 might be a little soon for a new version. The YJ came out in '87, TJ in '97, JK in '07.... I'm interested to see is the 2015 will get the diesel though. The GC is supposed to get it in the 2014.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

I believe the official redesign is see for 2017, so I would assume we would see the new concept in 2016?
Old 10-10-2012, 07:04 AM
JK Newbie

I wouldn't hold off on getting a Wrangler until the next one drops, if you don't want one for 6 years or so. The Wrangler is on a 10-year life cycle, has been since the YJ dropped. With the 2011 refresh and pentastar in 2012, Jeep will just play with special editions, colors, and trim packages to keep demand up for the next 5 years. They don't have a problem selling them, so why put effort into early redesigns, etc? I even highly doubt we'll see a diesel version before the next Jeep because they're expensive to sell here due to govt regulations, and again, people are buying gas ones like crazy. I was going to wait for a diesel or the next generation, but realized that this current jk is the one we'll have for 4 or 5 more years, so might as well get it and enjoy it. I bet a concept will drop at the Detroit Auto Show in 2015, and we'll see the production version one year later in 2016, going on sale in late 2016 as a 2017. Even then, demand will be crazy and buying a first model year of a new model is always a dice proposition anyway.

I'm also concerned that the next one will take away a lot of the raw Jeepiness now that soccer moms are buying unlimiteds in droves to take to pilaties and the mall. A lady at work who has a fully loaded Sahara with hard top saw my Rubicon with soft top and half doors and cringed. She said, "the thing already feels like it was designed in the 1920's, why did you get one that makes it worse?" I told her its because its a Jeep and she should have gotten a GC, but that's apparently "not as cute". I hope Chrysler ignores these people when designing the next one....but somehow I doubt it.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:55 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 4-Lo
I wouldn't hold off on getting a Wrangler until the next one drops, if you don't want one for 6 years or so. The Wrangler is on a 10-year life cycle, has been since the YJ dropped. With the 2011 refresh and pentastar in 2012, Jeep will just play with special editions, colors, and trim packages to keep demand up for the next 5 years. They don't have a problem selling them, so why put effort into early redesigns, etc? I even highly doubt we'll see a diesel version before the next Jeep because they're expensive to sell here due to govt regulations, and again, people are buying gas ones like crazy. I was going to wait for a diesel or the next generation, but realized that this current jk is the one we'll have for 4 or 5 more years, so might as well get it and enjoy it. I bet a concept will drop at the Detroit Auto Show in 2015, and we'll see the production version one year later in 2016, going on sale in late 2016 as a 2017. Even then, demand will be crazy and buying a first model year of a new model is always a dice proposition anyway.

I'm also concerned that the next one will take away a lot of the raw Jeepiness now that soccer moms are buying unlimiteds in droves to take to pilaties and the mall. A lady at work who has a fully loaded Sahara with hard top saw my Rubicon with soft top and half doors and cringed. She said, "the thing already feels like it was designed in the 1920's, why did you get one that makes it worse?" I told her its because its a Jeep and she should have gotten a GC, but that's apparently "not as cute". I hope Chrysler ignores these people when designing the next one....but somehow I doubt it.
I'd bet CAFE moves up the change over. We'll see the next one before the new rules take effect. I would also buy know, I think the overall package is very good, the only thing left on the table in the next year or two is the eight speed.

Last edited by Flip94ta; 10-10-2012 at 09:35 AM.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:45 AM
JK Newbie

JK is not getting a redesign till 2017. 2014 will get the 8 speed auto tho.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

CAFE MPG goes up about 5 MPG, over the next 2 years, Jeep will need to do something
Old 12-25-2012, 01:05 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NMBruce
CAFE MPG goes up about 5 MPG, over the next 2 years, Jeep will need to do something
Like what?
Old 12-25-2012, 02:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

probably optional 4 wd and independent suspension , cafe standards are gonna start choking out enthusiast vehicles . they are calling for like 50 mpg avg by 2020 or something like that
Old 12-25-2012, 05:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by carolinajk
probably optional 4 wd and independent suspension , cafe standards are gonna start choking out enthusiast vehicles . they are calling for like 50 mpg avg by 2020 or something like that
The day a jeep goes to independent suspension will be the day the jeep brand dies:( ifs sucks!.its weak junk! Screw the government and their stupid cafe standards and the tree hugging epa! Texas needs to seccede

Quick Reply: 2015 Jeep - When will we see it?