Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

4WD Rush Processing Scam

Old 05-02-2013, 12:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 4WD Rush Processing Scam

A few weeks ago I ordered just short of $1,000 in products for my JK from 4WD.com. They offered something they referred to as "rush processing". Because I really needed to get these parts within the 3-5 days that the $9.98 rush processing fee guaranteed, I felt it may be worth it since I needed the parts asap. After all, they even state at the bottom of the invoice that they will refund it if they fail to get you the parts in 3-5 days. IT'S A SCAM and just another way to get $10 from you! Needless to say, I did not get my parts in 3-5 days. When I asked for a refund, they offered a $10 gift card - NOT A REFUND! 4WD.com should be shamed Into realizing that it is not appropriate. In hind sight, what kind of company charges extra to get customer orders in the mail as soon as they can?!? Not the kind of company I want to do business with. I brought this to their attention and expressed my disbelief and discontentment. To their credit, they did refund my $10 and attempted to buy my silence with a $50 gift card (which I won't use - but I will donate towards a 4x4 charitable cause).

If you order from 4WD.com don't fall for the scam of "Rush Processig". Save your money and simply expect that a good supplier will always rush to get your order out the door!

Attachment 453496
Old 05-02-2013, 12:30 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately, I have had a bad experience with them as well. I ordered $1500+ btwn a lift, wheels, and tires. I was told the wheels/tires had been balanced...far from the truth. I took my JK to discount tire to get a second opinion--the wheels werent even close to being balanced. To top everything off, one of my PC MTs (35x12.5) has a heavy spot in it and requires 12oz to counter balance it. Discount tire highly recommended that I return the tire and request a replacement. I did just that. BUT...4WD wanted me to ship it back to them (freight because its 100+lbs) on my dime only to refund me after the new tire shipped. 4WD never returned my calls nor reached out to cure the problem.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

This is the third bad thing I've heard about this site, I will not be giving them any business.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:23 PM
JK Super Freak

In past years I have had no issues with them. Ordered a bunch of parts. Lately on here i here nothing but bad things...what up bustabizz???
Old 05-02-2013, 05:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It is just really a shame when a business comes up with a scheme to make more money and then they forget about the bigger picture- repeat customers. I have purchased parts from them for all four of my Jeeps over the years. This one just really rubbed me wrong!
Old 05-02-2013, 06:06 PM
JK Freak

I wont be giving that company any business.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:13 PM
JK Super Freak

I visit their store locally, 4 wheel parts. I'm treated great by them.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 4W-Jive
I will give money to ORW before I will give it to 4 wheel parts , but that maybe is because ORW is for people who actully wheel and work on their own jeeps
Old 05-02-2013, 07:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jaker t5

I will give money to ORW before I will give it to 4 wheel parts , but that maybe is because ORW is for people who actully wheel and work on their own jeeps
Uh huh. And forums are for keyboard commandos. Screw off.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:32 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 4W-Jive
4 wheel parts and 4WD are two different companies--although SOME 4wheel parts stores are authorized 4WD dealers.

Quick Reply: 4WD Rush Processing Scam