Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

AVOID Quadratec

Old 01-14-2013, 05:14 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AVOID Quadratec

I have placed several orders through them (Quadratec), and so far, have been very disappointed. My mother, the sweetest woman on Earth, ordered me some Jeep stuff for Christmas, however after the order was placed, she was notified it had been backordered... Nice to know AFTER placing the order...... So, embarrassed, she gave me a copy of the printed invoice for Christmas.

Now, I'm not upset that I didn't get a present from her on Christmas lol.. I was just frustrated for her because I know that's not what you want to hand your son when your other friends and children are enjoying their nice gifts... Ok. Fine. Order was placed 12/2....January 3rd rolls around and no word or update from Quadratec. So, I called. Apparently, they had received a shipment, but it was "distributed to other customers." Not something an anxious Jeeper wants to hear. I should note that she had ordered the Smittybilt G.E.A.R front seat covers and tailgate storage package---it's not like it was a rack or specialty bumper that is painstakingly slow to build. I asked them to cancel the order, and they did. She then ordered another set from 4wd.com and they arrived within the advertised 3 days.

Ok, so the covers ended up being a terrible fit, not to mention the WRONG color, so I just returned them and had them credit her card. Finally she just gave me money to buy what I wanted. lol. So, like a dummy (hindsight) I got on Quadratec to shop around for some essentials. I place my order and wait. I receive an email notification the next day informing me that my card was declined....Hmmm. So, I called and 'cleared' up an issue and it was to be processed again that afternoon. I received NO email so I called again, very frustrated at this point. I spoke to a nice fellow who tells me it has gone through. About an hour later, I receive an email letting me know my card was DECLINED. I KNOW there are no problems with my card or bank, and it must be an error on Quadratec's end since the customer service rep just told me it had processed. So, I just told him to read back my billing and shipping addresses...they were correct. He then told me he would run it again. It went through. Finally processed 2.5 business days later. (still haven't received the order). JESUS.

Just a few days ago, I got on Quadratec again, like a MORON (hindsight). I ordered the River Raider Limb Risers and entered my card info and all that jazz... Order goes through and then...AFTER I placed the order, it tells me they are backordered. Now I get to call customer service and let them know I NEED to cancel my order so I can get them in 3 days from another vendor, which I have already guaranteed by successfully, and easily placing my order from River Raider direct.

Sorry for the long rant, but I needed to vent, and I know this is one of the few places my Jeep frustrations will be understood. lol. I am curious, though. Is this how Qtec normally operates? Or is this an isolated incident? Regardless, I will no longer be a customer.

Have a merry Monday. lol
Old 01-14-2013, 05:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow, it sucks that you had such a bad experience. To answer your question, my experiences with Q-tec have always been excellent (even when it came to the disappointment of an occasional backorder). You'll probably get a reply here, Joe and those guys are usually on top of that stuff.

Last edited by Rule18; 01-14-2013 at 05:24 AM.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never had an issue either. I found that if you place a call ahead of time checking for availability before you place an online order saves headaches. I agree though they should show what's in stock on their web page before you order it
Old 01-14-2013, 05:58 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've always just called them. That way I make sure i get my free shipping! I do all my research online of course like everybody else but the whole backorder thing always gets me, so another reason to call and actually talk to somebody who can tell me whether or not they are going to ship out ontime or not
Old 01-14-2013, 06:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have ordered at least 20 items from them and maybe 3 items I've ordered have not been on backorder. They are good company and have good customer service. But it does seem that everything they sale is always on backorder. I think I'm going to start ordering items in in a hurry for from diff company I hear a lot of good feedback on north ridge 4x4 but have noticed prices are a little higher. Maybe if quadratec would show what's in stock and on backorder on there online site then it would be better that way I wouldn't expect it before a jeep run.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

I to have had the occasional item on backorder, but you will run into this with almost any company on a high demand product.

What I can say is that Quadratec always gives me free shipping on all orders for be a forum member and matches or beats any competitors price that I find on the same item.

Additionally, being in Northen Virginia has proven to be both a blessing and a curse as I receive all items usually by the next day if shipped from their warehouse in PA, this has led to alot of impuse buying for instant Jepp fixes.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Quadratec customer service sucks imho. I've ordered stuff from them; you never see your stuff and no contact whatsoever. Finally after wondering what the h___ is going on I call them and they can't find the order in their system. Then when they finally find it they say "Oh that's back-ordered"; well why the h___ can't they send and email or a text or anything to let you know your stuff won't be coming ever? Avoid Quadratec if at all possible. They need to send half their staff to work for Amazon for a year.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Check out Morris 4x4. I've ordered from them countless times this past summer, never any problems. None of my products were back ordered. And each time, my packages came within the 3 days as promised. Except for my lift, which came right from AEV...damn thing too an extra day!!!! Lol I will definitely continue to do business with.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

They definitely overcharge for shipping... which is why I'll probably never do business with them. They want over $600 for shipping for a lift kit... NR4x4 shipped out for about $300. I bought a drag link a week ago from a Dallas Dodge dealer on eBay
... they charged me $25 for shipping for FedEx ground and I think they shipped it parcel post... WTF! FYI parcel post usually takes over a month to get to Hawaii. Good customer service is just hard to come by these days...
Old 01-14-2013, 07:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry to hear about your trouble. I've had good luck with both Quadratec and Morris.

I've ordered a few items form Mopar Parts America and wanted to strangle them! Some parts were on back order for months and when I complained they cancelled the order. Not really what I was looking for :(

Quick Reply: AVOID Quadratec