Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Awesome new tops

Old 07-15-2013, 08:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Awesome new tops

Check this out!

Rock and Road Soft Tops: Definitely Not the Original by Andrew Keller — Kickstarter
Old 07-16-2013, 04:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Interesting idea. I kinda like it.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:20 AM
JK Newbie

Keep in mind the only the camo is being made. The other graphics are just concept art of what could be done.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:53 AM
JK Newbie

Looking for feedback on my idea...

good bad ugly

I'll take it all!
Old 07-16-2013, 11:21 AM
JK Super Freak

I don't think the patterns are too hot, I do however love the concept. I think it would make a good top for racing or competition jeeps, as it allows more sponsor advertising and allows for u to do it on a soft top. I think a monster energy one would look cool ;-)
Old 07-16-2013, 11:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Oh! And I would the windows fit oem tops? That can also be a seller for people like me who HATE scratched windows.... Yet on the trail id rather have them off. If these window replacements (provided they work with oem top) would be awesome to remove on the trail, roll them up and four-by. Then at the end of the night, throw them back on, and not worry about sand and dirt scuffing ! :-) I vote make window replacements also..
Old 07-16-2013, 11:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Do I like the idea ya. Im not really interested in the camo though. Do I think your way of going about it looking for donation to start your company is good no I don't I think you would be better off selling a potion to a investor. Or taking pre orders at a better price point. Good luck with it. I hope it pans out
Old 07-16-2013, 11:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Personally...

I like the product, but I dont think it is a direct-to-consumer kind of venture. I think you should worry about patent/trademark protection and then focus on the distribution network. Once you have an agreeable arraignement, let them worry about selling the shit and you focus on the product pipeline.

I love KS, though in todays pirate-prone manufacturing model I dont think it serves well for production items.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:39 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great idea. I know that was a mock-up in your video, but be sure that your tops are as good if not better than the OEM top.

I was willing to take a chance on an Off Road Heros fastback top and it's fit, finish and flexibility blows away the OEM top and the Bestop fastback versions. It proves a small company can make quality products. Now if they could only keep up with orders.

Best of luck to you!
Old 07-16-2013, 12:27 PM
JK Junkie

I don't really like the camo but the idea is good. Just my

Quick Reply: Awesome new tops