Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Beaches to drive on

Old 02-28-2013, 03:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beaches to drive on

Does anyone know of any beaches in the MA area that you can drive on? Preferably in the north shore region? But doesn't have to be. Thanks.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:59 AM
JK Super Freak

There are few on the Cape. I'm on Sandy Neck all summer. Also the national seashore you can drive on. I know of at least 3 down here but they all require individual permits and have a required equipment list.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:34 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by blue project
There are few on the Cape. I'm on Sandy Neck all summer. Also the national seashore you can drive on. I know of at least 3 down here but they all require individual permits and have a required equipment list.
Is it difficult for non-residents to get a permit for Sandy Neck? My in-laws are in Yarmouth so we spend a good amount of time down there. Wondering if it would be possible to get an annual or seasonal permit. They have a price chart for them but I didn't see where to actually buy them or how limited they are. Also, how crowded to the drive on beaches get?
Old 03-01-2013, 08:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

That's a pretty good drive for me. Sandy hook.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

But I guess if that's the only place to ride it will be worth it.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:08 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by granada

Is it difficult for non-residents to get a permit for Sandy Neck? My in-laws are in Yarmouth so we spend a good amount of time down there. Wondering if it would be possible to get an annual or seasonal permit. They have a price chart for them but I didn't see where to actually buy them or how limited they are. Also, how crowded to the drive on beaches get?
Not difficult at all. The non-resident stickers are more expensive. As long as you have the required equipment there's no issue getting a sticker. It can get crowded at times, especially if the piping plovers are nesting. They sometimes limit access down to about one mile of beach. Generally a great sense of community out there and some good people to hang with. You get the sticker at the gate house at the beach. Very easy driving and clear cool water. Nice driving beach!
Old 03-03-2013, 04:58 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Amoore
Not difficult at all. The non-resident stickers are more expensive. As long as you have the required equipment there's no issue getting a sticker. It can get crowded at times, especially if the piping plovers are nesting. They sometimes limit access down to about one mile of beach. Generally a great sense of community out there and some good people to hang with. You get the sticker at the gate house at the beach. Very easy driving and clear cool water. Nice driving beach!
Thanks for the info. That sounds like a great time. I'll check the prices and maybe we'll try it out this summer.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by granada
Non resident sticks run $160 from time of purchase to april 2014. Thats the onlt way they offer them. Just google Sandy Neck beach and the towns website with a direct link the beach page will come up.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:52 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by blue project
Non resident sticks run $160 from time of purchase to april 2014. Thats the onlt way they offer them. Just google Sandy Neck beach and the towns website with a direct link the beach page will come up.
Thanks. I took a look last night. I was hoping (foolishly) that the seasonal referred to the summer season like everything else on the Cape. $160 might be a little steep for the amount of times I'll get to use it. Depending on traffic getting over to Sandy Neck could take a considerable amount of time.

Quick Reply: Beaches to drive on