Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Bestop highrock 4x4 overhead rack

Old 06-29-2013, 09:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bestop highrock 4x4 overhead rack

Anyone have this product? Looking to buy this for a kayak I have but have read that you must cut the plastic on the windows so it can attach to the tub of the Jeep. Anyone have this product that could share pictures of this install? Have you noticed any problems with your soft windows because of the cuts? Thanks.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:31 PM
JK Freak

I don't see any cutting done?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxOz_a0-XOA
Old 06-29-2013, 02:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

You have to cut the plastic lip at the bottom of the window (the piece you tuck into the jeep) so you can attach the rail system to the body.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:41 AM
JK Newbie

Did you end up purchasing it? I am looking for a cheap way to put a kayak on the top of my 07 JKU. I don't have the cash to purchase the racks i really want, and this may be a cheap option to get the yak to where i need it. Its a 14 ft wilderness systems and my concerns are as follow. Not enough space btween the bars to support it properly, and the yak sticking out very far past the end of the truck out the back. I suppose that I could stick a foam block under the front and have it rest on the windshield while driving if needed. Just wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts on it.
Old 08-03-2020, 09:23 AM
JK Newbie

Default ISO Rack

looking for one of these racks to buy.

Quick Reply: Bestop highrock 4x4 overhead rack