Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Considering selling my 2013 two door hard top!

Old 04-16-2013, 05:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Considering selling my 2013 two door hard top!

I've been considering selling my freedom top from my 2013 2door sport.
I live in a town home with no garage and have no where to store the damn thing, I often find myself being pissed cause its 80+ degrees out and I'm driving around with my top on. If any of you guys who live here in Texas can give me your opinions on weather this is a good plan or not I'd appreciate it!
Old 04-16-2013, 07:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

personally i wouldent but then agian i never take my top off. I dont like the sun beating down on me and i dont like being exposed. I like having somthing over my head.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:02 AM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Keep the top, find a new place to live. Obviously, the top is not your problem so why would you sell that? Instead fix the problem at the source and that's by figuring out how you're gonna move somewhere else where you have your own garage, where you can put up a hard top hoist, have storage for the top and have the best of both worlds. You live in TX, it's not like housing space is a big concern as it is living in a city like NY.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shabbernigdo
personally i wouldent but then agian i never take my top off. I dont like the sun beating down on me and i dont like being exposed. I like having somthing over my head.
... ...
Old 04-17-2013, 04:55 AM
JK Newbie

Not sure if it would make much sense for you guys in Texas, but up here in ole virginiee we would get a storage unit and store the hard top in the summer (and the motorcycles in the winter) ...could be an option? Either way I'm sure you will end up buying a soft top I sorts, an will most likely end up selling the hard top as they are a pita to put on/take off
Old 04-17-2013, 05:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Surely you can just drop your hardtop at a friends house for storage. I have 3 in my down stairs garage now.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:46 AM
JK Newbie

I'm not selling my town home, we just bought it! I gave up my garage I had in my old house for my lake front town home! I do have a storage unit so I guess I'll organize it and make a hoist!
Just curious if anyone finds having a hard top to be worthless?

Still miss my garage!

Last edited by Punisher8808; 04-17-2013 at 06:50 AM.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Punisher8808
I've been considering selling my freedom top from my 2013 2door sport.
I live in a town home with no garage and have no where to store the damn thing, I often find myself being pissed cause its 80+ degrees out and I'm driving around with my top on. If any of you guys who live here in Texas can give me your opinions on weather this is a good plan or not I'd appreciate it!
I love having the hardtop for the November to March months, but that's mainly because of weather. If anything, sell the hardtop and get a soft top and then you don't have to worry about it.

If you said you have a storage unit, I would definitely look into that. I love having both tops, but I don't live in Texas. St. Louis weather sucks.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:30 PM
JK Super Freak

I guess is just depends on if you think you can live with only a soft top. I love running the soft top, but I wouldn't be without my hard top.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Soft top only is the way to go. 2 jeeps and 4 years of soft top only. I just keep the interior free of junk and stuff to steal. It takes less than 2 minutes to be top down. Hard top just seems like too much work.

Quick Reply: Considering selling my 2013 two door hard top!