Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Dealer lied about delivery HELP!!

Old 11-16-2007, 08:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer lied about delivery HELP!!

I singed the purchase agreement at my dealer several days ago for an unlimited Rucbicon. I have the VIN number on my forms and they contacted my insurance agent. They have my trade in car and the old license / registration has been cancelled.

The vehicle should have been delivered 2 days ago, and they first said the delivery guy was sick, but now they call me and say that the other dealership won't sell them the truck and that there's nothing they can do. They now say that thay can't get it, and they are not calling me back or giving me options. I see this as a violation of the contract.

Any thoughts on what my next course of action should be?

Thanks!

Last edited by Jamooche; 11-16-2007 at 08:58 PM.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:00 PM
JK Junkie

Get your trade in back and go to a different dealer. If they no longer have your trade in, then you have them, they will need to rpovide you with a vehicle, if the other dealership want more money, then they shold pick it up and not pass it on to you. I had that happen to me once before and the dealer ended up taking a huge hit because they screwed up.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:01 PM
JK Freak

what exactly is this "purchase agreement" you signed? does it specifically state that you were assuming ownership of a vehicle or was it just a price guarantee that you and a sales manager agreed on?

also, i'm not sure how anxious you were to get rid of your trade at whatever price they gave you, but it sounds like you've already signed it over to them and it's finalized. the potential good there is that if you were eager to dump it (like i was) and it's already signed over, then it's theirs and they have to pay off that much of your loan, if any is left.

if the "purchase agreement" actually outlines you taking ownership, then they owe you that vehicle at the specified price-- at their expense. personally, i'd hold them to finding me another one of similar spec (more value if necessary, but not less). unfortunately, they don't have to provide you a get-around vehicle in the meantime. when i ordered mine, my dealership was kind enough to let me drive around in my trade-in for the duration of my wait. fortunately for both of us, my order consumated in just 27 days from order to delivery.

Last edited by superboo; 11-16-2007 at 09:05 PM.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by superboo
what exactly is this "purchase agreement" you signed?
It's the "bill of sale" agreement that has my JK with options listed, my trade info and value, deposit, and what I owe. I already signed the title over to them. I've heard of them having to pay me the cash value for the trade to end the agreement...but what I really want is the JK.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:56 PM
JK Super Freak

That really sucks, but you can use this to your advantage. I would say to spend a few bucks to sit down with a local lawyer for an hour that works in the field to see what you can do. They would know the system inside and out. I guarantee the dealership knows all the scenarios you could put them through... they are just hoping YOU don't know them. You were lied to, plain and simple. Make them pay for it. Use it to work an even better deal on a JK with more options!
Old 11-17-2007, 05:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looks like these jeep dealers are pissing off alot of people who have ordered jeeps?

F' them all. Just wait until the dealers get a load of JK's then go shopping. Ordering one puts your balls right in the dealers hands.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:14 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BrinksJeep
Looks like these jeep dealers are pissing off alot of people who have ordered jeeps?

F' them all. Just wait until the dealers get a load of JK's then go shopping. Ordering one puts your balls right in the dealers hands.
i hope you're joking. otherwise, that's a fairly misguided comment. if you are indeed joking, then ignore the rest of this

for one, the poster didn't order his jeep. the dealer was to acquire one through trade from a second dealership. the second dealer flaked, which hosed the deal. so your comment doesn't even apply here. second, hundreds of forum members (and thousands more that aren't) have ordered jeeps with mostly negligible issues, if any at all. the only real gripe unique to orders in most cases has been the wait, which the dealership has little control over.

in my personal experience, i ordered my jeep, got a deal that i was more than happy with, and took delivery after just 27 days; not to mention i got the -exact- build i wanted without having to pay for fluff options that i didn't want. as points of vanity, the build sheet has my name on it in big bold letters and i know that i when i first put the key in the ignition, the odo read a big fat "0".

if i had to do it all over, i'd order again without hesitation. i'll even go out on a limb and guess that the vast majority of those that endured the ordering process would agree, with possible exceptions being those that had to wait several months. at the same time though, i'm not suggesting every potential buyer run out and demand to make an order without taking a look around. if you find what you want on the lot, you simply can't wait or you're just not as picky as some of us, then by all means take it off of the showroom floor.

but in fact, you're suggesting that dealers would prefer an order over a sale off the lot. that's just illogical for several reasons.

Last edited by superboo; 11-17-2007 at 07:16 AM.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:28 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have a dealership that is trying to make money which pushes its sales people. The sales people need their commission so they push their customers. The good ones (dealerships and sales people) can balance customer care with making sales. But, people usually leave with a bad taste, because well sales people are sales people.

In this particular case though at best this dealership was grossly negligent and at worst criminally culpable. They should be hung out to dry, but don't post any names or more information because it may hurt you if you take this to court -- which I think you should.
Old 11-17-2007, 01:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tgrt
In this particular case though at best this dealership was grossly negligent and at worst criminally culpable. They should be hung out to dry, but don't post any names or more information because it may hurt you if you take this to court -- which I think you should.
You're absolutely right. I gave them one more chance and should be hearing back today whether it will be delivered.

This one is a red rock but with tan interior. Not really to my liking, but worth taking to end this.

How does the tan / khaki look with the red rock color? I can't seem to find any photos of it.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:35 PM
JK Freak

the khaki color interior isn't extremely bright, but provides good contrast to the rest of the grey interior. i think you'll be fine if you actually get that color.

Quick Reply: Dealer lied about delivery HELP!!