Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Easy half door search?

Old 10-16-2012, 01:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Easy half door search?

Is there an easy way to search for jeeps with half doors on the jeep website? I'm sorta searching for an in stock '12.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/2 drs

idk about the search but, i just bought a 12 and wanted 1/2 drs but found none.i was told to get the 1/2 drs it would have to be ordered or if i got lucky someone would order a 13 with them and not take it. good luck
Old 10-17-2012, 10:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah, there isn't a good way to tell without going all the way to the window sticker, I was hoping someone knew of an easier and faster way. There aren't any GREAT incentives yet, I might be better off ordering one.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Back when I was searching for one with half doors my dealer was able to find a few that I never saw with my inventory searches. They were colors I didn't want so I ordered mine took six weeks. I would do it again if I couldn't find what I wanted. Half doors are worth it for me.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:12 PM
JK Newbie

I searched forever to find mine with half-doors and just got lucky one day on cars.com. Helped that I also had to have a 6-speed, so it made searching really easy since 6-speeds are rare and easy to search by. Mine ended up being a cancelled dealer order. Kinda creeped me out to know there's someone out there that would order MY EXACT JK (Crush, Rubicon Unlimited, 6-speed, half-doors). The guy's financing fell through, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten it. The dealer said they don't get half door wranglers unless a customer specifically orders one.

I wouldn't trade my half doors for anything. No idea why they're not more popular. I've run into a lot of JK owners that didn't even know they were an option. Keep searching until you find one, or just bite the bullet and order one.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

I work with a bunch of TJ/LJ guys and they all want full doors not halfs and the JK guys wish for halfs? Go figure.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:18 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rvator
I work with a bunch of TJ/LJ guys and they all want full doors not halfs
Why do they want full-doors so bad?
Old 10-18-2012, 11:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

They say they hate the zippers for the uppers to which i say they could buy sliders for the uppers. I never unzip mine it's either cold enough to leave them in or warm enough to leave them at home.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have found a couple, even the colors and options I like, now to see if I can work it out!
Old 10-20-2012, 03:17 PM
JK Newbie

Awesome! I hope you can get one to work out!

Quick Reply: Easy half door search?