Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Forbes 11 New Cars To Avoid

Old 12-03-2012, 07:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Forbes 11 New Cars To Avoid

I was on "Yahoo" today and ran across this article. 11 new cars to avoid and the Jeep Wrangler was on there. The article said it should be avoided due to its harsh ride, on road manners, crash test, wind noise at highway speeds etc.. Not surprisingly, the article made no mention of the Jeep Wrangler being one of the highest resale value vehicles on the road today. And one of the highest resale value vehicles of all time.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2462184308.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	394962   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2261588005.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	394963  
Old 12-03-2012, 08:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Funny thing is 3 days ago Wrangler was on the list for highest resale value. Came in 3rd. 1st and 2nd was Toyota Tacoma, and Toyota FJ.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lol that's kinda funny, the Jeep is undesirable due to many of the characteristics that make it a Jeep...I'd say mission accomplished.
It really is a Jeep thing.

Last edited by FlameRedJK; 12-05-2012 at 05:11 AM.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:11 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw the article on yahoo about resale value. It is hard to believe that the FJ is currently surpassing the wrangler. I guess to each their own.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:30 AM
JK Freak

same, couldn't believe about the FJ being higher on the list. Didn't they stop making them? Maybe just collectible now?

But that Forbes section makes me laugh, i hope Jeep never reads that and makes changes based on stuff like that. Ill take my rougher solid axle suspension and interior anyday. That suspension is top of the line on the dirt and my interiors usually covered in mud to prove it.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Everyone is gonna have opinions - shitty or good...To each ther own...
My JK suits me fine...Winter is coming here very soon when it snows i go
out and play...I don't stay in...Who would have thought...
Old 12-04-2012, 02:53 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by FlameRedJK
Lol that's kids funny, the Jeep is undesirable due to many of the characteristics that make it a Jeep...I'd say mission accomplished.
It really is a Jeep thing.
Ain't that the truth!!!
Old 12-04-2012, 06:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

I haven't owned mine for 24 hours yet but I already think it rides much better than my 04 Silverado, and by all truck standards, my Silverado is a nice ride. Still, my JKU is a Cadillac in comparison.

The cabin noise is quieter than my truck, but it has a modified V8, so it's apples to oranges. I was initially nervous picking up a soft top because people have said it's so noisy it's like driving a camping tent down the road. What a disgustingly exaggerated claim that is. Granted, I'm still rolling on the base model steelies, so that will probably change depending on the tires I get.

My truck is lowered an inch with quality parts, and with the tires on it I'll definitely say it's more stable on the road than my Jeep, but the JK isn't made to hug the curves of the European mountain side. It's definitely more confident on the road than my high school buddy's dad's CJ7 that's so bouncy I'm pretty sure the only time all 4 tires are on the ground is when it's parked.

Everything that article mentions is what makes a Jeep, a Jeep. They're not problems, it's just nature of the beast.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:15 AM
JK Super Freak

That " review " was doubtless written by and for people whose idea of " off-road " is slipping off the edge of their driveway, and whose "emergency kit" is a Roadside Assistance card. These are the people you will be rescuing come the next big storm. .
Old 12-04-2012, 06:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RoysRig
Funny thing is 3 days ago Wrangler was on the list for highest resale value. Came in 3rd. 1st and 2nd was Toyota Tacoma, and Toyota FJ.
Damn well said

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Quick Reply: Forbes 11 New Cars To Avoid