Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

How dumb do you have to be???

Old 10-27-2012, 02:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How dumb do you have to be???

How dumb do you have to be not to know that you can just unzip a Jeep soft top?

I woke up this morning after a tough week of work excited about some good college football and an upcoming week off from stress. I walk outside an discover some retard had cut the clear plastic out of my soft top window. Idiot didn't even steal anything and the doors were still locked. I guess they got spooked by something.

Of course we have been getting rainbands and wind from Sandy since last night so the Jeep was soaked inside (not really a big deal). The best part is that I was supposed to be heading to a cabin at 5000 ft in the NC mountains tomorrow for vacation and need the Jeep for the drive. Thanks to Sandy, the locals up there are expecting a foot of snow and my GC is 2WD.

The good news is that Rick Hendrick Jeep on Savannah highway in Charleston, SC (free plug) was nice enough to pull a window out of a new Jeep they had on the lot and sell it to me - $278 later, I'm good to go. And yeah, I know you can buy a whole set of tinted windows for less than that, but I needed it now.
Old 10-27-2012, 02:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I vote to bring back public hangings.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:02 PM
JK Freak

Same thing happened to me a couple years ago with my former 08 JK. From that point forth I bought a proximity alarm and never bothered locking the doors again.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:14 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by XBlacky08X
Same thing happened to me a couple years ago with my former 08 JK. From that point forth I bought a proximity alarm and never bothered locking the doors again.
Part of it my fault. I've spent the last 13 years working for a company that designs and installs high end surveillance for military bases, airports, and classified facilities. I ought to protect my own damn house a little better.
Old 10-27-2012, 04:13 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thats usually how it goes though you do it all day at work the last thing you want to do is come home and do it some more. Unless you really love your job...
Old 10-27-2012, 04:17 PM
JK Freak

Location: Independence and Lexington, KY (depends on the time of year)

This happened to me around this time last year. Except the guy left weed in my drivers seat and broke my glovebox handle. $300 fix. I feel your pain, man.
Old 10-27-2012, 04:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Dumb enuf to think that breaking into a Jeep is worth the trouble. I mean, if yer gonna steal (and I don't recommend it) go big or go home! Also, never steal from a working bloke.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would have just slapped a strip of gorilla tape over that and called it a day...you didn't really have to go and buy a new one for that price...you can get a whole set of new windows for just a little more...glad they didnt cause any more damage to your rig though
Old 10-28-2012, 05:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gforce!
This happened to me around this time last year. Except the guy left weed in my drivers seat and broke my glovebox handle. $300 fix. I feel your pain, man.
You could have just paid $160 for a Tuffy Security Glove Box and saved yourself $140, and added extra security. You got jipped

Unfortunately Wranglers are subject to theft, but the thieves are usually too dumb to realize that:

A. All you need to do is unzip the windows
B. I'm sure a lot of people never leave their doors locked (I didn't), because I knew if someone wanted in, they would get in.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:21 AM
JK Freak

You know, no matter what you do or how you do it, if an asshole wants in he will be an asshole. Theirs no way around that. I keep my jeep locked I don't leave anything out in the open, everything gets locked in the glove box and center console. I am sure curious eyes have peeked in and when they did they've seen nothing. Glad to hear things worked out for you at the end.

Quick Reply: How dumb do you have to be???