Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

I might be forced to sell my Jeep :(

Old 12-02-2012, 03:43 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I might be forced to sell my Jeep :(

So, its been down since last March and I cant keep trying to fight with this Jeep just to get it working. Between money issues, a new baby, a new home and an upcoming trip back to hell I cant continue to waste my time and money on getting her running. Now with additional problems popping up like a leaking clutch system on top of everything else going wrong with it I might be forced to take a heavy hit on the bitch and get something else. Thankfully I can go without a car for another year after march as the army will be supplying me with a 28 ton armored bitch I can call all my own while I drive (and most likely walk around a lot) in the lovely Afghanistan country side.

But this isnt so much as a bitching thread as I mostly want opinions on the newer jeeps. Ive read about the 3.6 issues but have they been fixed with the 2013 models? Ill be coming home around next christmas so the new 2014 JKU's will hopefully be out. But I also might not stick with a Jeep. Id love to go find a 1971 K5 Blazer, but I doubt the wife will have sex with me again if I go buy one. Definitely will be throwing out a custom order for a yellow JKU Rubicon if I do stick with the Jeeps.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm having a ton of issues with mine , I'm about to lemon it....pos my friend
Old 12-02-2012, 05:18 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what year is your jeep?
Old 12-02-2012, 05:19 AM
JK Freak

nevermind i read your profile
Old 12-02-2012, 06:02 AM
MTG
JK Freak

First, thanks for your service. Stay safe over there.

The new engine is fantastic! The vast majority of people do not have problems. Ditch the old and get yourself a '13 or '14 when you return!
Old 12-02-2012, 06:27 AM
JK Newbie

One thing I've learned about forums. They usually attract people having problems with a product. Same thing ON my Harley forums, yet look at how many thousands don't post because they are too busy enjoying their rides.
Look at it this way, you've heard the saying that a good report of something usually spreads to about 3-5 people by word of mouth. But a bad report usually gets passed to 10-13 people. Same here.
Good luck, thank you for your service to this sometimes undeserving country. Godspeed
Old 12-02-2012, 08:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Screw your Jeep. Sale it and move on. Worry about bringing you ass back home safe and taking care of your family...

Semper Fi....
Old 12-02-2012, 09:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Damnit
So, its been down since last March and I cant keep trying to fight with this Jeep just to get it working. Between money issues, a new baby, a new home and an upcoming trip back to hell I cant continue to waste my time and money on getting her running. Now with additional problems popping up like a leaking clutch system on top of everything else going wrong with it I might be forced to take a heavy hit on the bitch and get something else. Thankfully I can go without a car for another year after march as the army will be supplying me with a 28 ton armored bitch I can call all my own while I drive (and most likely walk around a lot) in the lovely Afghanistan country side.

But this isnt so much as a bitching thread as I mostly want opinions on the newer jeeps. Ive read about the 3.6 issues but have they been fixed with the 2013 models? Ill be coming home around next christmas so the new 2014 JKU's will hopefully be out. But I also might not stick with a Jeep. Id love to go find a 1971 K5 Blazer, but I doubt the wife will have sex with me again if I go buy one. Definitely will be throwing out a custom order for a yellow JKU Rubicon if I do stick with the Jeeps.

I have a 2013 JKR and am right in town. Give me a holler and you can check it out for yourself.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:13 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Renegade44
One thing I've learned about forums. They usually attract people having problems with a product. Same thing ON my Harley forums, yet look at how many thousands don't post because they are too busy enjoying their rides.
Look at it this way, you've heard the saying that a good report of something usually spreads to about 3-5 people by word of mouth. But a bad report usually gets passed to 10-13 people. Same here.
Good luck, thank you for your service to this sometimes undeserving country. Godspeed
True but I'll take the good and the bad. I can make my own mind up but Id rather not take a gamble on a 40K investment. Maybe not 40K, but I'll be adding all kinds of ballin shit to her.

Autorotate, might have to do that. I have a buddy that owns a 2011 JK sport, but it just isnt the same. But he did get away from his 2WD Sahara so I cant give him shit about that anymore.

I also forgot to mention that I owe about 16k on it as Ive only had it for 2 1/2 years. I might have to take a hit on it though. But Id rather owe towards progress than pay on a yard decoration.

Also, WTF is this shit with Jeep no longer offering yellow? GAY AS AIDS! I want me a damn yellow rubi.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:24 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Damnit

The wife would withold sex because you bought a 71 Blazer? Wow personally I would be looking for a new wife, if that was the case, lol. I have a 2012 and thankfully I have had none of the head, heater, and various other problems(fingers crossed). I do understand that having a family kills the discretionary income and even available income for repairs. You just gotta do what you think is best. Really the only advice I can give.

Quick Reply: I might be forced to sell my Jeep :(