Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Indecisiveness

Old 06-13-2013, 07:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Indecisiveness

I'm having a real problem here lately. I have money saved up for the jeep but for the life of me I can't decide what to do next. So I'm still saving and there hoping to come to a conclusion one way or another. I don't need any help deciding. I have lots picked out. I know it's my jeep and it depends how I plan to use my jeep. It's all personal preference, but there are too many choices, argh.

I have a 2.5 inch suspension lift from rough country. So a couple months back I decided I have to have a Rock Krawler lift. I need to upgrade. Why I don't know. I know it's better but my lift does what I need it to. So I talked myself out of that.

I then decided I need gears. I only have 33" tires. I have a superchip and a sprint booster on my jeep already. I only drive 16 miles round trip to work. My 3.73 gears are fine.

Ive been wanting a set of bestop soft doors so bad I can taste them (weird I know). They would come in so handy. But I just think of all the other things I NEED.

I talked myself onto buying a trektop nx (for about a day). Why? I have a soft top. It's in great shape.

This has happened over and over. There is so many more examples. It's become a vicious cycle.

Well, now that I've laid out all my personal problems, please tell me I'm not the only one. How many of you have had your own problems of indecisiveness?
Old 06-13-2013, 07:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Take the money and go wheeling, thatll help you decide what you need. If you dont have it already recovery gear and air are must haves.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm pretty well in the same boat

I love the process of looking over mods, deciding, buying, and installing. However, there are a few things that get in my way. 1) I don't wheel, and I'm big on mileage and good ride -- so stock is likely best for me. 2) I've heavily modded other vehicles, and have been left dissatisfied a number of times. I'm a very skeptical buyer. 3) I'm now quite a cheapskate.

So I come on the board here, look over pictures of awesome JK's, price things out... then get stumped when I realize, that X-mod will probably: cost too much for the benefits, do nothing to help what I use the Jeep for, potentially make my commute worse, hurt the ride, hurt the handling, hurt mileage, etc. etc. etc.

There are a few mods that make the grade but they're few and far between.

I guess its a fine line between what I'd like to do, and what reality calls me to..
Old 06-13-2013, 07:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Rob 12B1P
Take the money and go wheeling, thatll help you decide what you need. If you dont have it already recovery gear and air are must haves.
x2 Go to Moab or run the Rubicon or anything. What you NEED will become apparent, if anything. You might come back with a real appreciation of how nice your setup already is. I run 33's with 3.21. So far I have done mostly anything that the people that I wheel with have done, except for deep water since I don't have a snorkel. I've thought about adding a locker up front, but again, I have not been stuck in anything that the jeep's BLD has not been able to get me out of so far.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

If I went to Moab, one thing is for sure, I would know I NEED a Prius. Hahahaha. The fuel would kill me driving from southern Oklahoma. Hahaha. Sorry I couldn't resist. I know what y'all are saying.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by okie
If I went to Moab, one thing is for sure, I would know I NEED a Prius. Hahahaha. The fuel would kill me driving from southern Oklahoma. Hahaha. Sorry I couldn't resist. I know what y'all are saying.
Yup - it was a 3 day drive each way for me - 3200 miles return. My wife freaked out when she saw the gas receipts.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Have you thought about getting some armor for your under body?
Old 06-13-2013, 12:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ER NURSE 407
Have you thought about getting some armor for your under body?
Your feeding the beast lol. I haven't really thought about armor just for the fact that down here its mostly mud. Just a few stray rocks here and there. I could be looking at it wrong but it seems like that would be one more thing for mud to get caked on top of.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

what about non mod stuff. seat covers, safari straps, molle(?) setup for the tailgate, cargo rack for the back, off road lights, fire extinguisher and holder, recovery gear, spider web shade, cb radio.

or spend a few bucks on that special someone in your life.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Indecision with regards to mods is a great first world problem to have!

I know I struggled with my build at points...the basic rules were to buy GOOD stuff, keeping in mind I'm only going to do it once. AFter that, it was a matter of deciding what to buy, and when.

I started with a suspension lift, tires, SPidertrax, bumpers and a tire carrier. Along the way I picked up a set of Rubi rocker rails for $75 at a garage sale, pulled from a new Rubicon. I also did easy stuff like interior grab handles for driver and passenger, and rear passengers, and neoprene seat covers all around.

My next project is lighting, and a winch. Both require equal amounts of obsessive research and pouring over internet forums on the how, what, when, how much questions