Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

JEEP COMPASS HYBRID BIKE (Womens)

Old 12-12-2012, 11:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JEEP COMPASS HYBRID BIKE (Womens)

Anyone know anything about these bikes? Being a bias jeep owner, my girlfriend told me she wanted a bike for christmas. Naturally, I typed in Jeep on amazon and found a women's bike?! so I ordered it. I know nothing about it, and was wondering if anyone has one? Has seen one? Knows anything about bike specs? haha.

Link:
Amazon.com: Jeep Compass Woman's Hybrid Bike (700c Wheels, 17-Inch Frame): Sports & Outdoors

Thanks in advance for any info.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

I once bought a jeep duffle bag, it looked tough and rugged. It was a piece of crap. The zipper broke quickly and the bag tore. When I attempted to exchange it for a new one (lifetime warranty). The cost for warranty shipping was nearly as much as buying a new one.

Moral of the story:
Jeep will put their name on a piece of crap. Bike a bike from a reputable bike manufacturer. I like my Specialized mountain bike.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Haha, not the answer I was hoping for. Dang! I hope it's not junk
Old 12-12-2012, 01:16 PM
JK Junkie

My father-in-law worked for Chrysler and he got both his daughters Jeep bikes.

The Jeep Wrangler bike never gets ridden and i've been trying to take it from his youngest daughter for 2 years.

My fiancé's bike is a Jeep Compass bike. It's kinda heavy, requires a tuneup couple times a year, but she rides all over campus 3/4's of the year.

Their not POS bikes by any means, but you can find better ones out there also and put Jeep stickers on it.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hmm, I didn't think they'd be heavy since it says they're made of aluminum. Thats good to know. She will probably only ride a hand full of times a month, or with me, nothing too extreme by any means.

on a side note, anyone have a Spare Tire bike rack for sale?
Old 12-12-2012, 04:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have a Jeep Comanche sport mountain bike, not bad for a couple hundred dollar mountain bike. Disc brakes full suspension and all. Not a pro mountain bike, but worth the price. Have had it a couple years and never even thought about it being a jeep bike till seeing this thread. And thought the JK was my first jeep.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:47 PM
JK Junkie

I naturally tried to get my wife to get one of the jeep strollers for the little one. She definitely didn't agree me
Old 12-13-2012, 09:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the price it can't hurt if your just going to cruz around town and not ride off paved or even gravel trails. The bike will probably weight around 50 lbs even though it is aluminum all bikes are now. Most of the bikes are around that price are not great bikes by any means, we always had them coming into our shop to get fixed for one thing or another, quality wise I would suggest just spending an extra $200 or a bit more and get a bike that will last a long time with good parts on it. Go into a bike shop talk with them and test the bike as well, not all bikes fit the same just like a pair of shoes. Good luck
Old 12-14-2012, 06:32 PM
JK Newbie

I'd say stick with the jeeps with 4 wheels. My wife bought a Jeep diaper bag so I wouldnt be forced to walk around with something gay and the damn shoulder strap ripped down the side of the bag after 2 months of not even hard usage. It's only got the Jeep name, nothing else to it though.

Quick Reply: JEEP COMPASS HYBRID BIKE (Womens)