Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jeep T-tops

Old 11-11-2007, 05:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep T-tops

Okay, here is my idea. Tell me what you think or if it's been done. I think there is money in it but I have no way of patenting it or making a prototype.

The front 2 pieces of the Freedom top...there is an area inside of each, the middle area, that looks like a seperate piece (there is a ridge all the way around). What if that middle area was replaced with a tinted, transparent material, like T-tops on a car?

Last edited by ibjeepr; 11-12-2007 at 04:40 PM.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:32 PM
JK Newbie

sounds cool
Old 11-11-2007, 08:12 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

um do u mean something like these?

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...t=19833&page=2
Old 11-11-2007, 08:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ibjeepr
Okay, here is my idea. Tell me what you think or if it's been done. I think there is money in it but I have now way of patenting it or making a prototype.

The front 2 pieces of the Freedom top...There is an area inside of each, the middle area, that looks like a seperate piece. What if there were new Freedo Top sections that replaced that middle area with Tinted, transparent material, like T-tops on a car?
I'd be interested! It hasn't been done (the one by Wade is secured by velcro and isn't waterproof.) It would be great if someone could make a clear polycarbonate T-top replacement that is molded in the shape of the OEM top.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Sweeeet
If I had a T-top I could grow my hair long, listen to Whitesnake, and paint a raptor of some sort on the hood!

Actually sounds like a cool idea, I just thought of David Hasselhoff when I first saw the post.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:27 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like more water dripping to me!
Old 11-11-2007, 08:30 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by horwitzs
Sweeeet
If I had a T-top I could grow my hair long, listen to Whitesnake, and paint a raptor of some sort on the hood!

Actually sounds like a cool idea, I just thought of David Hasselhoff when I first saw the post.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:34 PM
JK Freak

could you imagine if all the T-top cars made leaked like the freedom top does? how jeep can get away with not coming out with a true fix is rediculous....Jeep engineers and and then reading the list of more leaks reported
Old 11-12-2007, 04:27 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by ibjeepr
...What if there were new Freedo Top sections that replaced that middle area with Tinted, transparent material, like T-tops on a car?
I have these on my 10th Anniversary Edition Trans Am and like them. It would have been nice if it came stock from the factory that way (though more expensive, I would guess, for a safety glass product--wouldn't want a scratchable plastic).

Quick Reply: Jeep T-tops