Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Mastercraft baha rs seats

Old 12-02-2012, 02:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mastercraft baha rs seats

So I am seriously considering purchasing these seats because if the sale that is going on and was wondering if anyone else has them to give some feedback. Thanks!
Old 12-02-2012, 04:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have had the RS seats before and my complaint which was enough for me to sell mine was that the seat backs had a 1/4-1/2 inch of play in them. So every time I hit the brakes the seat would lunge forward and back. Mastercraft and there customer service were of no help....oh wait they sent a bag to make up for the seat trouble, I kept the bag and sold the seats....
Old 12-02-2012, 10:05 AM
JK Freak

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

bofore you spend that kind of money on Baja seats , you should learn how to spell Baja ! HA HA ! Also look at the Smittybuilt seats , they make one that you can't tell the diff. between theirs and Mastercraft , at less than half the price !
Old 12-02-2012, 10:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah I appreciate the help and advice guys. Btw I started this thread between patients at the hospital so didn't really have time for spellcheck lol
Old 12-03-2012, 07:14 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had the Baja RS seats now for 4 years with no issues (I never even noticed any looseness). I have their seat heaters and rear bags. They were worth the extra $$. I rarely wheel with anything more than a bikini top and a windjammer so my seats get pretty dirty. MasterCraft said I could clean them at the car wash but it took a while for me to convince myself to do it. I finally did it and was glad I did. Using the car wash wand makes these things look like new.

Smittybuilt seats may LOOK like MasterCraft but they don't FEEL like MasterCraft. Sit in the Smitty and you'll buy the MasterCraft.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dynatrac
I've had the Baja RS seats now for 4 years with no issues (I never even noticed any looseness). I have their seat heaters and rear bags. They were worth the extra $$. I rarely wheel with anything more than a bikini top and a windjammer so my seats get pretty dirty. MasterCraft said I could clean them at the car wash but it took a while for me to convince myself to do it. I finally did it and was glad I did. Using the car wash wand makes these things look like new.

Smittybuilt seats may LOOK like MasterCraft but they don't FEEL like MasterCraft. Sit in the Smitty and you'll buy the MasterCraft.
That's what I'm trying to figure out. How do they feel when compared to the stock seats and are they worth it?
Old 12-03-2012, 07:32 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jkambulance
That's what I'm trying to figure out. How do they feel when compared to the stock seats and are they worth it?
Only you can determine if it's worth it. This type of purchase is very subjective as everyone fits a seat differently. I'd never recommend buying any seat you haven't test fit. For me, they fit very well, offered great support and were worth the investment. The seat heaters get far more use than I ever expected.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:35 AM
JK Super Freak

I have run the Baja RS seats for four years, it is a race seat that is comfortable enough for use in a daily driver. The earlier post above is the only complaint I have ever heard about a Mastercraft seat, ever! Mastercraft supplies seats to not only the most winning teams in the world of Offroad racing, but also the military. The seats are more expensive for a reason, they are quality through and through. Like Dynatrac says, do not confuse the Smittybuilt seats with the Mastercraft seats, they are worlds apart in quality. The seats are the most comfortable in the category that they are in. They are designed to withstand a lot of abuse since they are considered "suspension" seats and see action like I give mine.

Quick Reply: Mastercraft baha rs seats