Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

ordering new jk

Old 11-06-2007, 11:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ordering new jk

I am placing my order this evening for a white jk unlimited ... I am ordering it pretty much plain jain with the exception of power group... what time frame is everyone getting???
Old 11-06-2007, 11:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cibach
I am placing my order this evening for a white jk unlimited ... I am ordering it pretty much plain jain with the exception of power group... what time frame is everyone getting???
The best place for order status is to look in this thread.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/check-status-your-jeep-jk-wrangler-order-status-codes-161/

The Waiting Room From Hell, you can get a better idea of wait times in there. figure between 4 weeks and 8 months
Old 11-06-2007, 11:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sounds like a common config that you could get off of a dealer lot, eliminating the wait time.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

There is not a Rubicon White Unlimited anywhere to be found!!!! I have had 3 dealers searching for me... I think there is only 2 Rubicon's (either 2 or 4 door) with the 6 spd in the Dallas area.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

I plan on replacing the front and rear bumpers.. So should I not do the tow package????
Old 11-06-2007, 01:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would expand your search area and look on dealer lots. I know there is an Unlimited X, White w/ the pwr group local to me ~ $29K. I'm not saying to come to GA to get this one, but I am sure there is one close to you somewhere.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:12 PM
JK Super Freak

I plan on replacing the front and rear bumpers.. So should I not do the tow package????
Have you picked a bumper you like?
Several have receivers built in, however you would still have to deal with the wiring. If you get the tow pkg, the wiring will already be in place for you.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:39 PM
JK Newbie

I ordered my Unlimited X on Saturday through El Dorado in McKinney and got the predictable "6 to 8 weeks" statement from the dealer. Who knows with the Rubi's, though?

I hear you about not being many to choose from in Big D. I searched the inventories of about ten different ones and pretty much all were X models with power packages and hard tops.

Good luck!
Old 11-06-2007, 01:56 PM
JK Newbie

I'm anxious to see your wait time. I also had 3 dealerships searching for me in Aug., nothing close to my specs.
The largest dealer had a 6wk hold on orders, so I ordered with probably the smallest dealer in Metroplex. I'm coming up on 12wks on an X 23S power soft top, we figured it would fly right to build - go figure!!

Post any progress, as I am hoping you all will have better luck!!
Old 11-06-2007, 02:52 PM
JK Newbie

5 wks to get a unlimited x

Quick Reply: ordering new jk