Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Rubicon 10a package

Old 02-17-2013, 02:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rubicon 10a package

I ordered the Anvil, 2 door, dual top, manual version. Do we have any others out there waiting for one of these? What version did you order. The talk is that there will be about 5000 of the US version. I guess being from a small state it will be pretty rare to see another one running around here at random. Will have to have a 10a group gathering some where.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

I can't wait to see that Anvil. Going to be one of the better colors they have released in some time IMO.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A buddy in TX ordered one three weeks ago. As of last week it still has no VIN and the dealer said it has no build date so far. They expect them to run a production batch through in March possibly.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:55 PM
JK Junkie

I can't wait to see this as well. Sounds like your new rig is going to be sick!
Old 02-17-2013, 05:33 PM
JK Newbie

Default 10a at auto show

I just saw it here at the Chicago auto show. It looked really good in person. Congrats on your order. Did you go with the red leather? I seem to be one of the few that really likes it.

JJ
Old 02-17-2013, 05:42 PM
JK Super Freak

They were talking about a March 4th build date and now I hear that has been pushed back to the 18th. Yes it sure sounds like quite a rig. It has springs that give it an inch of lift to handle the heavier steel bumpers. Then they put tires on it that are wider than the normal ones and are also about half inch shorter so overall gain about half inch lift. I am hoping that extra inch lift will let me run 285/75 R17s, since those are marginal on a normal rubi, without any rubbing as opposed to how they will rub when flexing with no lift on the regular rubi.

I just can't wait to start wheeling in a rubi. I have had a lot of fun with my x model and now I will be able to mod it as time permits without having to stop wheeling while doing it. Hoping to put prorock 44s or 60s under the x with 4.56 gears and lockers. But that is another story. Can't wait to get this 10a!
Old 02-17-2013, 05:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jonesje2
I just saw it here at the Chicago auto show. It looked really good in person. Congrats on your order. Did you go with the red leather? I seem to be one of the few that really likes it.

JJ
Yes sir I did get it with the red leather. We just happen to have lots of red dirt/dust around here so figured they would kind of go together. Wish they would have an auto show in OK city so I might have a chance to see one besides of pics and vids, you are a lucky man.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Went out yesterday with my X model and man I sure wish I had the rubi. It was so muddy and everyone else had lockers with their rubis' and there was one hil where I just couldn't quite get it to the top because it was so slick with no lockers. Was one point where I was sure glad I had some rubi rock rails on my X, they earned their keep yesterday. One guy on the run had the pro-rock 60s on his JK X and man that thing was really nice. It was good to see that since that is what I have planned for my X after I have my rubi.

Quick Reply: Rubicon 10a package