Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Rugged Ridge Mirror Relocation

Old 11-08-2007, 05:40 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rugged Ridge Mirror Relocation

i picked this kit up and for some reason... the factory bolts for the new filler plates do not fit... the threads do not line up at all. Either way, its a great kit and much better than the Warrior brackets i had before... think i could fin some bolts at home depot or something???
Old 11-08-2007, 05:42 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 07JKX
i picked this kit up and for some reason... the factory bolts for the new filler plates do not fit... the threads do not line up at all. Either way, its a great kit and much better than the Warrior brackets i had before... think i could fin some bolts at home depot or something???
Where did you get them from? Mine has been on back order since July?
Old 11-08-2007, 06:53 AM
JK Junkie

tellico 4x4... they are not on the online website... but they have a crapload in stock.

after 2wheelparts screwed me by sending the wrong item... (b/c RR was backordered also).. i just called around and these guys have... look up the website and call the number
Old 11-08-2007, 06:53 AM
JK Junkie

ps... i got mine in 3 days!
Old 11-09-2007, 09:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default rugged ridge NOTICE

Received mine today and had the same problem bolts did not match up per instructions.

Called Rugged Ridge and this is the short of my conversation.

Instructions are not correct: They stated to use the original bolts, you remove from the window retainer, on the outside relocation bracket top and bottom and to use the 4 chrome bolts, they proivide, for the filler bracket.

The chrome bolts are 5/16 - 18. The original inside bracket bolts are 8 x 1.25 mm.

Rugged Ridge claims they will post revised instructions on their website as soon as possible and thanked me fro bringing it to their attention.

Hope this helps.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:10 AM
JK Junkie

yeah... i just went to home depot and picked up some rubber washers and hex bolts so i can use those instead...
Old 11-09-2007, 12:20 PM
JK Newbie

How does the filler plate look on your JK? Any pics?
Old 11-09-2007, 12:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yea instructions on the site this morning were still wrong. Patrick claims corrected instructions would be posted within 24 hours.

Will try to take some pics when I get home but it will be dark. Otherwise I will post them in the am.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:21 PM
JK Newbie

is this a "dual mod"- protecting from the potential mirror dent? does the new mount location/etc bump the door when you open it? in this pic, it looks like the filler plate might be in line to hit the new mount...?
Old 11-12-2007, 05:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

The instructions are way too complicated.

Reuse all of your factory torx bolts in original positions, except for the filler plate. Use the supplied chrome bolts to secure that to the door.

I hate the new position of the passenger mirror... mine is over 50% obstructed. Would it have been too much trouble to design a separate passenger mirror mount to move it out or back so it's still usable?

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge Mirror Relocation