Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Small clock spring recall coming

Old 05-21-2016, 08:23 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 165 Likes on 143 Posts

Has anyone seen an official recall?
We won't have any accurate information until the recall is issued with specific details. A press release doesn't really mean anything beyond a heads-up.

A VIN search on the Jeep web site shows no new recalls for my 2008 JK.

Last edited by ronjenx; 05-21-2016 at 08:38 PM.
Old 05-22-2016, 05:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/...rod_ids=773769
Old 05-22-2016, 06:02 AM
JK Freak

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

That's either not complete or not up to date. Best to just watch your mail box or check your Vin on fca site in a couple of months.
Old 05-23-2016, 04:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I have a 2010 (left hand drive) JKUR. 147k miles without many problems. Pretty good constant supply of mods over 5 years. And it sounds like mine will be included in the alleged recall, although it sounds like getting it in to be seen may be several months away.

Tell me more, though, about electrical gremlins that may or may not be related to clocksprings.

For example, I have spent a couple months working with the shop that rebuilt my auto tranny (147k miles); we've been getting Fault code 0470 "Torque Converter Clutch Circuit". We've systematically replaced the TCC, the solenoid, checked and rechecked wiring, etc. The fault code will come on for a few days, then go off for a few days. Then come back on, etc. Tranny works fine throughout. We're running out of ideas, and as I'm talking to the shop last week, this recall press release comes out.

It's a stretch, I know, to wonder if the clockspring thing could cause gremlins, but could it? If gremlins are a possibility, what kinds of gremlins? Anything? Only related to certain operations?

I know I could search on clocksprings more, and I'll do that. But this seems like a good thread to ask the question in. Not because of my transmission issue, but because of folks who would fall under this recall who may be having random frustrating electrical gremlins.

thanks

Quick Reply: Small clock spring recall coming