Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Sometimes I say F%$* Chrysler!!!

Old 10-16-2012, 11:34 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sometimes I say F%$* Chrysler!!!

I was in Oklahoma, Norman to be exact and for some odd reason the bars that are in front of the pivoting point on the soft top that allows it to turn into a sunroof basically snapped on both sides. I have no idea why this happened but it did. I am still under warranty and the dealership there was friendly enough and said that had to put a claim in to Chrylser to see if it would be covered. Why this would even need to be done since its under the bumper to bumper warranty is beyond me. But they came back and said it would be covered. The dealership ordered the wrong part and I couldn't stay around to fix it.
My wife got military orders for us to move to upstate NY, Fort Drum. He said that it wouldn't be a problem but that they could fix up there it already has approval.
Well I contact the dealership up here and they don't care that it is preapproved for repairs they want to start the process over again.
Well they called me and said Chrylser will not authroize repairs?
I am like WTF over? They just said they would 2 weeks ago and now they won't?? She said she is sorry but it's chryslers decision not the dealership.
I called the dealership in Oklahoma and spoke with the rep there and he is unsure why this is happening but said he would call up here and see what the problem is.
Companys always brag about their damn warranties but anytime you need to use it they find a reason to say it's not their problem.
I'm fed up with this kind of crap. If they don't fix it, I'll just get rid of my jeep and refuse to do business with Chrysler ever again.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

There's a reason Chrysler is rated poorly with customer satisfaction.. This is no exception.

I would have had the original dealership call the secondary dealership to schedule this. That would've stopped this whole bad process.

I hope you get everything sorted out, hopefully the original dealership will fix it.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

i have gone threw similar instances with my 2007 dodge ram 1500 has a trans issue since the day i bought it they said there was nothing wrong with it.Long story short had in for some tranny work bellhousing seal gone head trans mech said issues most likly not installed right causing trans issue i had next day talked to him and the head in service and the guy lied right in front of me stating that he never said such things well they pushed it till the warranty was over and issue is getting worse.Now when i go in with my jeep having driver sice tick issue (2012) i just fly right off the handle i got plenty of paitence but is getting very thin..
Old 10-16-2012, 02:22 PM
JK Freak

This all reminds me of when a guy on here had his jeep catch fire and it was the mechanic's fault and Chrysler tried not fixing it.
Whatever happened to just doing the right thing?
I am thinking of getting rid of my jeep and buying a Tundra and I hate to do that I love my jeep.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am sorry to hear about this man. This is the number one reason why Chrysler, ford, and Chevy lose customers all the time to the import guys and yet they are so dumb that they can't figure it out??? The import guys will do anything to make your day, the service guys are very nice treat you like a million dollars and even wash your ride after working on it. The sales people are just as nice and are happy to see you when you come in. At Chrysler their sales people don't even care you showed up and the service department tries to rip you off and that's only if they want to work on it! Chrysler if your listening you need to get your heads outa your asses and revamp your dealerships cause even at the mopar nationals everyone there loves your product but hates your dealerships. Do you think that's a coincidence or only a couple bad eggs when everyone hates their dealership and tries to do their own warranty work??? Hello!!! Don't get me wrong they do have good dealers but for every 10 bad ones there is only 1 good one. So sad they make such a great product yet fail to take care of it and you after you buy it????? My dad bought a Liberty at Stoltz and the torque converter was bad ONE week after pickup...the tech diagnosed it was bad and then he and his boss refused to work on it??? Naturally my dad got it fixed at another stealership and is looking at a Honda now!!!
Old 10-16-2012, 05:17 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate dealerships... Service after the sale should be paramount to retaining their current customers, gaining new ones and make loyal ones out of us preparing for the next new car we'll eventually need!!
Old 01-02-2013, 04:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Update 2012 jkur first quarter (ticking driver head) GP Chrysler told me to wait till 13000km till first scheduled oil change(changed3 times myself prior to this date) to see if head stops ticking.well took in today with ticking head 3rd time in 6 months too change oil to let them see the tick and see why my coolant is almost empty???? In it's overflow.

I brought a issued letter from another forum about the started dates on the issued heads that were not manufactured properly and my build date falls 2 months before the fixed AC July 26 heads. Long story short they said it's my injectores like the 2nd time I Brang it in .

I lost it in there almost to a screaming state that if not fixed or getting in the works of being resolved by tomorrow that making a formal complaint about poor service on warrantied vehicles and the issue at hand .And the head mech said we know about the issue we got an 2012 sahara in the shop which had a cel miseries on #2 cylinder .
It just right pisses me off spending almost 45k on this vehicle and not getting the rights and respect as a paying customer....

Crossing fingers.....
Old 01-02-2013, 04:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wgrin
I was in Oklahoma, Norman to be exact and for some odd reason the bars that are in front of the pivoting point on the soft top that allows it to turn into a sunroof basically snapped on both sides. I have no idea why this happened but it did. I am still under warranty and the dealership there was friendly enough and said that had to put a claim in to Chrylser to see if it would be covered. Why this would even need to be done since its under the bumper to bumper warranty is beyond me. But they came back and said it would be covered. The dealership ordered the wrong part and I couldn't stay around to fix it.
My wife got military orders for us to move to upstate NY, Fort Drum. He said that it wouldn't be a problem but that they could fix up there it already has approval.
Well I contact the dealership up here and they don't care that it is preapproved for repairs they want to start the process over again.
Well they called me and said Chrylser will not authroize repairs?
I am like WTF over? They just said they would 2 weeks ago and now they won't?? She said she is sorry but it's chryslers decision not the dealership.
I called the dealership in Oklahoma and spoke with the rep there and he is unsure why this is happening but said he would call up here and see what the problem is.
Companys always brag about their damn warranties but anytime you need to use it they find a reason to say it's not their problem.
I'm fed up with this kind of crap. If they don't fix it, I'll just get rid of my jeep and refuse to do business with Chrysler ever again.
how in the hell does the soft top frame just snap ? sorry i find that highly unlikely . i have been none to gentle at times with mine and never came close to breaking anything . please explain how exactly this happened . did you not secure it and the wind ripped it off ? did you snatch , yank , pull , or push on it in the wrong direction ? please let me know so the same thing doesnt happen to me
Old 01-02-2013, 06:23 PM
JK Newbie

One reason I put little stock in a warranty .

been buying new vehicles for 20 plus years and my experience is that Dealers are all the same, car makers are all the same- occasionally you will get to deal with exceptional people that will understand your problem and work for you, most times not. Jeep, VW, Chevy, Toyota, Ford, Honda, etc in my years of dealing with both foreign and domestic I havent found much difference in working with dealerships. They are all difficult no matter the warranty no matter the problem. It always takes patience and finding the right person... Im lucky I live in an area with plenty of dealers for various brands- I havent had to shop at the same one twice....but they all call begging for that 10 on the customer survey so they can sell to the next guy....

good luck be patient and hopefully it will work out.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

well i went back to gp chrysler today to see what star told the head tech.quote service tech( star told us that if no cell and that if we cant verify were the noise is comming from nothing can be done....)i went postal and i asked him yesterday did u guys hook up to obd2 scanner that they have or use there headset to manually look for were the noise is comming from ...No he says.. im like wtf did u do then..and were did all most rad overflow coollant go to ..he he says i didnt know about that..what about the check engine light came on 4 days before that when on way from work...no comment..i said well if u would have looked at what the service rep write down you would have noticed that.

I almost drug the little ___ out side by the scruff of the neck and i got him to listen to the jeep with the engine shroud off and hes like its the injectors.. i replied so the driver side injectors are louder than the right side...no comment
so then i asked him to get a 2013 jk wich was 50ft away to pull it over here to compare motors ...no comment..i told him exactally..went in and booked for when my next 6 days are offf are wich is the 21st ..I blatantly told him a complaint is being put in cause if u didnt look at it this time 90% that u never even blinked at it last time and about what went on yesterday and today..the guys face got red ...thing that gets me is that the head of service was watching us the whole time and had no sympathy to my concern at all.....

came home called chrysler complaint line not sure how thats gonna help but i gotta try got a case # and i got to call them back on the 21st to tell them my jeeps getting looked at atm..
thing is the guy on the phone said (welll what did the diagnostic say...i said nothing they said they looked at it but didnt use the tools they were or should have used to look or adress my problem wich is the 4th time....

i swear there gonna have a 5klbs orange crush get droven threw there showroom window and parked with the keys in it if it dont get resolved this almost makes me wanna vommit.............

Quick Reply: Sometimes I say F%$* Chrysler!!!