Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Thieves and my Jeep

Old 01-15-2013, 04:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thieves and my Jeep

So last sat. I parked in a church parking lot and was working on a house across the street. Later that day I get ready to leave and as i walk up to my Jeep I see that my wheels are not on my longboard... as i get closer my heart sinks. My wheels were stolen out of the back of my Jeep but they left my board (they didnt want to be seen with it, they were on longboards). Well yesterday my buddy gets a picture text and a guy he knows says "dude look at these badass wheels i got two days ago" and sends a pic of his longboard with my wheels on it. He says that he got them two days ago, and he lives in the town i was working in. Here is the following text coversation.

Me: Hey is this Hunter?

Hunter Langham: yeah who is this.

Me: My name is AJ I drive a dark blue Jeep Wrangler and I was parked in a chruch parkinglot sat.

Hunter: Oh yeah Missle told me about that! Dude i can promise you that was not me, i bought my orangatangs on daddies.com and I'm sorry about what happened, i told Missle to tell you that my friend in Fairhope is giving away his long board wheels, if you want them bro let me know and i can get them from you, what kind of orangatangs were they?

Hunter: You there man? And ill get a pic of the wheels for you if you want

Me: They were Orange Orangatangs and one wheel was worn down on the outside. kind of like these(insert pic of his board he sent to missial) . I want you to send me a pic of each wheel. and I want to see a reciept.

Me: Look, so far all the evidence is pointing towards you, you got new wheels the same time mine were stolen, they are obviously not new, the wear is there and I have a pic message of you addmitting this is your board. . Now untill you can prove otherwise, either you can fess up and deal with this the gentlemen way or at 12 pm tomarro the cops will get involved. I gave them pics of my wheels and the description. And the exact time they where stolen. I have two eye witnesses that were working on the house across the street and one of them said he saw one of the two that were at my jeep and is willing to be a witness.

Hunter: Yeah i can't do jail again I'll give them back to you, and I'll get the wheels my friend wants to give Sorry for lying man, i didn't take them though, my friend took them and gave them to me because my wheels were cored

Hunter: Sorry for lying man, i didn't take them though, my friend took them and gave them to me because my wheels were cored.
— with Giovanni Vidaņa.

Justice Will be Served. But most important i got my wheels back
Old 01-15-2013, 04:17 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's awesome and fucked up. It blows me away that people thief shit. Stop being a cheap ass and work for things like we all do. Just to be a dick I'd still have the cops waiting for him when you get your wheels back. If he doesn't get a slap on the wrist he will just do it again this weekend
Old 01-15-2013, 04:27 AM
JK Freak

Location: Independence and Lexington, KY (depends on the time of year)

That's crazy. Glad you handled it like a gentleman, to you for that!
Old 01-15-2013, 04:28 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hskr4x4
That's awesome and fucked up. It blows me away that people thief shit. Stop being a cheap ass and work for things like we all do. Just to be a dick I'd still have the cops waiting for him when you get your wheels back. If he doesn't get a slap on the wrist he will just do it again this weekend
Exactly! Glad the OP got his wheels back.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

This is why I don't trust people. When I lived in Oakland county ,Michigan( on the top 10 richest county's in the us) with my parents in a very nice gated community 2 times a year my car would get broke in to. Rims ,sound systems ,camping gear exc. Most of the time is your "friends" anyways long story short nothing scares people away like the rack of a shotgun /blanks lol. When it comes down to it people are just shitty .... haha

I am happy u got your rims back your lucky ! Best advice I can give you always park where you can you see your jeep or buy a super touchy alarm. Jeeps are super easy to break in to that and gas milage are the only real down falls .
Old 01-15-2013, 04:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad you got your rims back and good for you for not just kicking the hell out of that dude
Old 01-15-2013, 05:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by madmike232
This is why I don't trust people. When I lived in Oakland county ,Michigan( on the top 10 richest county's in the us) with my parents in a very nice gated community 2 times a year my car would get broke in to. Rims ,sound systems ,camping gear exc. Most of the time is your "friends" anyways long story short nothing scares people away like the rack of a shotgun /blanks lol. When it comes down to it people are just shitty .... haha

I am happy u got your rims back your lucky ! Best advice I can give you always park where you can you see your jeep or buy a super touchy alarm. Jeeps are super easy to break in to that and gas milage are the only real down falls .
Well my top was down and I normally work in the front of the house ( tree fell on it) but that day we went to the.back of the house.. and I wish I could just trust people.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

I still would report him to the cops....that is just me though.....maybe he won't get in serious trouble, but the guy who jacked your stuff would. That is just unacceptable.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Billabong

Well my top was down and I normally work in the front of the house ( tree fell on it) but that day we went to the.back of the house.. and I wish I could just trust people.
Its sad how people are now I really don't talk to to many people anymore for that reason. U are a better man then me I will tell you that I would have called the cops or had some street justice lol, my "friend" who took my system ( and broke my window) gave me his system to to make up for my troubles. His was worth around 750 mine was around 1000
Old 01-15-2013, 05:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Trust me if I could beat his ass I would guys, but laws don't allow that, I also was going to make him give me a 100 cause that's what the wheels and bearings are worth but that basicly black mailing lol. So what I'm doing today is I sent him a message saying I want whoever stole my wheels to meet me at the fairhope parking garage tonight little do they know I will showing up with the cops. Once a crook always a crook and hopefully the cops will let me " restrain" him.

Quick Reply: Thieves and my Jeep