Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Threads on the Jeep wave.

Old 03-10-2013, 09:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Threads on the Jeep wave.

My problem with threads like these is that there is always the judgement that if you don't go out and smash up your new Jeep then you don't belong in the Jeep community. I can guarantee you that even though I have only been off road on easy trails 3 times and don't see changing that anytime in the near future that I love and ENJOY my Jeep more than most of the people that go and wheel every weekend. I can also guarantee that I will own my current Jeep for YEARS longer than most of the weekly wheelers. My plan is to Pay my Jeep off in 3 more years and drive it for 9 more years. After it is paid off my true car love will get restored to its original glory. It is a 1966 Mustang that I fell in love with the first time I saw it over 30 years ago. My great uncle bought it brand new and left it to me when he passed away. It is 100% original and only has 66,xxx miles on it. If I were to go out and beat the shit out of my Jeep and pour a bunch of money into it so I could puff up my chest and tell everyone how much better I was than them then this would push back my restoration plan. My other plan for my Jeep is to give it to my son for his 16th birthday so that he has a safe , well taken care of first vehicle to drive that I know was well taken care of. My guess is, since he loves the Jeep, that he will in turn keep it for several years. I know I drive a 4 door and spend more time on the streets than in the mud so I am not as cool as most people on here, but I get the big picture and wave at EVERY Jeep I see and if they wave back they wave back, if they don't, at least their Jeep got waved at. Feel free to judge and bash me for not beating the shit out of my Jeep, but also make sure to come back and do it again in another 5 years when I am still on here driving and LOVING driving my Jeep around.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:52 PM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

As I explained in the other thread. I found out about the Jeep wave from 2 people who didn't currently drive a Jeep and from an 18 yo girl who drove a TJ and her mom, all within the 1st week of owning my 1st "Wrangler". I also heard about it previously when I owned a Jeep Liberty and was on the Jeep Liberty forums where discussions often came up of, "Should we start a Liberty Jeep wave?".

It wasn't until I came on this forum after already owning my Wrangler for a year and doing the Jeep wave on a regular basis to other Wrangler owners, when I learned about all these different groups of people who supposedly don't wave, where they further elaborated that I shouldn't even bother to waste my time waving to them. Fortunately, I caught myself one day before I fully bought into these lies. Some guy in a business suit in a 4 door UNMODDED Sahara JKU, in the middle of white collar suburbia, turned left in front of me at an intersection and during his turn in the intersection, he saw me and hung half his body out the window to give me a big wave. It caught me so off guard, where I couldn't even react quick enough to give a wave back....where I found myself thinking, "that guy wasn't suppose to send a wave my way.....at least, that's what they told me on JK-Forum.com"

So, I caught myself before falling in too deep into that B.S. and that's why I try to correct others when I see them promoting that type of B.S. In fact, I find it more rewarding now, when I get all these wave backs from Soccer moms driving in unmodded JKU's, because supposedly it's more challenging to get a wave back from them. Maybe, soccer moms just don't wave back to toothless rednecks, with last nights sloppy joe stuck in their ZZ top beard, driving around in a JK that looks like a Grave Digger monster truck?

Last edited by Rednroll; 03-10-2013 at 10:02 PM.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just keep waving
Old 03-10-2013, 10:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Doschmafia
Just keep waving

Best advice.
Why does it require so much thought and anguish? If you want to wave, just wave. If you're not the type to wave, then don't.

I wave (throw the 'peace' sign) at almost every Jeep I see. But I don't do it expecting a response. Which makes every return wave that bit more cool.
You never know; that one time you wave at a Jeep might be THEIR first time getting one. And that's a cool thing in itself. I still remember the first time I got waved at in my TJ. It was great!
Old 03-11-2013, 07:12 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm not sure why people get so butt hurt when they don't get a wave back, it's not like that other Jeeper called your mom a bad name (I hope not anyway). Keep calm and Jeep on. On a positive note, however, it's good we have another wave thread out there!
Old 03-11-2013, 07:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am a snob and won't wave at your stock Jeep. Get some modes on there, lol, otherwise you are another soccer mom who complains about squeaks and leaks on the forum to me.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ballsdeep
I am a snob and won't wave at your stock Jeep. Get some modes on there, lol, otherwise you are another soccer mom who complains about squeaks and leaks on the forum to me.
I have done plenty of mods and you won't hear me complain once about a squeak or a leak, it is a Jeep. I have installed every one of the mods myself and refuse to let anybody else touch my Jeep unless I don't have the time/tools to do the job. If you want to consider a 6'2" 260# guy a soccer mom, then you might have some issues.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Red Wings
I have done plenty of mods and you won't hear me complain once about a squeak or a leak, it is a Jeep. I have installed every one of the mods myself and refuse to let anybody else touch my Jeep unless I don't have the time/tools to do the job. If you want to consider a 6'2" 260# guy a soccer mom, then you might have some issues.
Sounds like you aren't in the stock Jeep driven by a soccer mom that I referenced.

and I'm bigger and my penis is longer.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:06 PM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Wings
My problem with threads like these is that there is always the judgement that if you don't go out and smash up your new Jeep then you don't belong in the Jeep community. I can guarantee you that even though I have only been off road on easy trails 3 times and don't see changing that anytime in the near future that I love and ENJOY my Jeep more than most of the people that go and wheel every weekend. I can also guarantee that I will own my current Jeep for YEARS longer than most of the weekly wheelers. My plan is to Pay my Jeep off in 3 more years and drive it for 9 more years. After it is paid off my true car love will get restored to its original glory. It is a 1966 Mustang that I fell in love with the first time I saw it over 30 years ago. My great uncle bought it brand new and left it to me when he passed away. It is 100% original and only has 66,xxx miles on it. If I were to go out and beat the shit out of my Jeep and pour a bunch of money into it so I could puff up my chest and tell everyone how much better I was than them then this would push back my restoration plan. My other plan for my Jeep is to give it to my son for his 16th birthday so that he has a safe , well taken care of first vehicle to drive that I know was well taken care of. My guess is, since he loves the Jeep, that he will in turn keep it for several years. I know I drive a 4 door and spend more time on the streets than in the mud so I am not as cool as most people on here, but I get the big picture and wave at EVERY Jeep I see and if they wave back they wave back, if they don't, at least their Jeep got waved at. Feel free to judge and bash me for not beating the shit out of my Jeep, but also make sure to come back and do it again in another 5 years when I am still on here driving and LOVING driving my Jeep around.

To me it don't matter if ur a rock crawler, mud slinger, or mall crawler.... If u love ur jeep and enjoy it, then that's all that matters! Now.... Let's hear some more about that sweet stang!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-11-2013, 03:14 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Top and doors off today enjoying my Jeep I waved to every Jeep Wrangler on my short ride I went 0 for 6 The Jeep wave is dead in my town. I'm going to keep waving. I come from the sport bike community and we wave to all 2 wheeled motorized things even 49cc mopeds.

Quick Reply: Threads on the Jeep wave.