Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Trade in

Old 10-03-2012, 10:00 PM
JK Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Trade in

So ive had my 09 x 2 door for a few weeks. Ive decided, though my wiff doesnt know it yet, im gonna trade her tahoe in on a 4 door in the near future for her to drive. Seems like a good plan to me
Old 10-04-2012, 03:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Careful if she really likes jeeps she will be thrilled but if not you will never hear the end of it. Remember happy wife happy life!
Old 10-04-2012, 03:31 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Aggie1188
Careful if she really likes jeeps she will be thrilled but if not you will never hear the end of it. Remember happy wife happy life!
x2, Jeeps have certain "QUIRKS" that only Jeep enthusiats seem to understand / deal with. Its not for everyone. Your wife may like the comfortable ride that the Tahoe may have provided and may be not be too happy with your decision. But if she is into Jeeps then I say go for it
Old 10-04-2012, 03:42 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The real issue is that when she gets it she is going to want to mod it which means all your plans for modding are on the back burner... This could be a really bad thing for you. See she will take over all things Jeep. Your Jeep will get jealous!!

This is very similar to inviting your wife to play golf. Never do it!! It seems like a good idea on the surface... until she beats you and loves the game. She will always want to play with you and you can never go by yourself or with your buddies.

Don't do it!!
Old 10-04-2012, 04:09 PM
JK Newbie

its easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission
Old 10-04-2012, 04:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

I sense a future "My wife hates her JK" thread coming.

Stay away from surprises. Talk with her and ask her what she wants. It will save you so much hassle in the long run. But like others have said, if she gets a JK, your mod money goes with it. Good luck.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:38 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dralphy
I sense a future "My wife hates her JK" thread coming.

Stay away from surprises. Talk with her and ask her what she wants. It will save you so much hassle in the long run. But like others have said, if she gets a JK, your mod money goes with it. Good luck.
I agree, I buy the wife whatever makes her happy and lucky me she'll drives it till the wheels are ready to fall off it.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:10 PM
JK Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by scooby snacks
The real issue is that when she gets it she is going to want to mod it which means all your plans for modding are on the back burner... This could be a really bad thing for you. See she will take over all things Jeep. Your Jeep will get jealous!!

This is very similar to inviting your wife to play golf. Never do it!! It seems like a good idea on the surface... until she beats you and loves the game. She will always want to play with you and you can never go by yourself or with your buddies.

Don't do it!!

This is true, she really likes mine. Ill leavs it up to her I suppose

Quick Reply: Trade in