Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Whats the better

Old 10-20-2012, 01:53 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats the better

what would be best for road driving and off roading either a coil over reservoir shock or just a regular shock and what's the difference between a 2.0 and a 2.5 shock
Old 10-20-2012, 02:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would say that the coilover is almost always the better way to go if you can afford it. Being able to tune your suspension to have your vehicle ride just the way you want to is always a good thing. Typically the 2.0 and 2.5 refers to the diameter of the shock.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:44 PM
JK Newbie

Thank you!!! I have a 2011 Jk jeep it's lifted 4 inches with 35s and I don't go off roading all the time but I do go on the weekends wit friends from time to time (2-3 times a month) would u recommend me getting the king reservoir coil over shock? Would it still be good on the road also would it affect the smoothness of the ride. I have procomp shocks at the moment and have served well ride it pretty smooth always get complements from how smooth it is....would this change if I got the king shocks?
Old 10-21-2012, 07:11 AM
JK Super Freak

King is definitely a good company and you could use their product. Honestly though I think your best bet is to call up one of the companies that have built a coilover kit for our vehicle and talk it over with them. Someone like Rock Krawler or Evo could really help you understand what to expect. And yes it will most likely change how your vehicle currently rides.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:51 AM
JK Newbie

What would be some of the added benefits with a coil over spring and nonbenefits? What would I say to the company I have no idea what I really want or anything.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Ok lets start with some reading for you. Check out these links. They will help you wrap your head around what you are thinking about getting into. Rock Krawler Suspension, Inc. Off Road Evolution, Suspension / Steering both of these companies make really good kits for converting to coilovers. That should give you some sort of idea about what kind of money its going to take, what sort of install will be required, what sort of other upgrades will be needed when upgrading your suspension, etc. No one is going to be able to tell you wether or not this is the upgrade for you. Do some research for yourself and be realistic about your needs, then contact some of these companies and ask questions that you need answered. Are you installing this yourself? From time to time coilovers require some maintainance, are you ready for that? Also here is another link to an active thread to give you an idea of what other people on this forum are running. https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-s...unning-249472/
Old 10-21-2012, 08:22 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Trent55
I don't go off roading all the time but I do go on the weekends wit friends from time to time (2-3 times a month)
2-3 weekends a month is a lot dude. I'm lucky if I find the time to go once a month.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:31 AM
JK Newbie

Hah no like I go out there for the day not weeks at a time and well laitly it's more like 1-2 times of that now
Old 10-21-2012, 08:33 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks bigsteve helped a lot!

Quick Reply: Whats the better