Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

AZ Jeeps, Crown King Pre-Trail Inspection

Old 09-08-2016, 10:02 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AZ Jeeps, Crown King Pre-Trail Inspection

I was wondering if a manual 2 door with 2.5 inch TF coil lift, 35s with 3.73 gearing will make it through the backway of crown king. I have sliders, front disconnects, all 8 control arms and flat fenders. also going along with other jeeps with recover gear. just in case

Thanks

Last edited by matt852; 09-08-2016 at 10:08 AM.
Old 09-08-2016, 02:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by matt852
I was wondering if a manual 2 door with 2.5 inch TF coil lift, 35s with 3.73 gearing will make it through the backway of crown king. I have sliders, front disconnects, all 8 control arms and flat fenders. also going along with other jeeps with recover gear. just in case Thanks
There's a bypass for all the obstacles. You could do the back way to Crown King in a Subaru Forester.
Old 09-08-2016, 04:11 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by highoctane
There's a bypass for all the obstacles. You could do the back way to Crown King in a Subaru Forester.
gotcha thanks is it really a 6 hour trek?
Old 09-08-2016, 06:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by matt852
gotcha thanks is it really a 6 hour trek?
It can be if you go in a group and try all the obstacles.
Old 09-09-2016, 07:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

It can be if you go in a group and try all the obstacles.
It is worse this year than it was last year. A Forester might make it, but there are a couple of sections that would be a little tough. As for a lifted TJ, go have fun. You should not have any problems.
As for taking six hours, I have done it in as little as three hours, and taken up to 8 hours, all depending on the size of the group, if they are doing all the obstacles, and if people that don't stand a chance on the obstacles keep trying for thirty minutes, when they know they aren't going to make it.
Old 09-09-2016, 09:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i did a group run on completely stock JKU sahara with no issues about two years back. There's bypasses on the harder obstacles. I had no issues, just make sure you air down your tires. Took us about 8 hours to get to the saloon but it was a rather large group
Old 09-09-2016, 12:33 PM
JK Junkie

Thanks for the replies everyone
Old 09-10-2016, 08:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

We got behind a bone stock Ford Excursion on stock street tires with running boards one time. He wasn't doing the obstacles, nor was he setting the world on fire with his pace, but it can be done. Got by him before the sharp turns started as watching a 6+ point turn would have been painful.
Old 12-13-2016, 07:48 AM
JK Newbie

There was only one obstacle I couldn't do with my stock JKUR. It was on the right side and one of the last few on the main back road. I made it to the top and my bumper wouldn't clear it no matter what approach angle I came at it from. So I had to back all the way down it.

There is another path that is supposedly much harder, but I am not familiar with it at all.

It is a really nice run though. Lots of nice scenery and a ton of people use it. Just keep your eyes open for the people zooming around on quads and Razrs.

/salute

Quick Reply: AZ Jeeps, Crown King Pre-Trail Inspection