Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

barricade winch

Old 06-26-2014, 04:39 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default barricade winch

looking to buy a winch and saw a new brand on the web called barricade. price is 440 for a synthetic 9500lb one and was wondering if anyone is currently running a barricade winch and what your take is on them. iv read some reviews but all they had done was installed them, not actually used them. would you recommend or say spend the money on a smittybilt or rugged ridge? helpful advice pleasea thanks
Old 06-26-2014, 04:58 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go with the engo at around that same price. Badass winch.
Old 06-26-2014, 06:35 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 09jk4life
looking to buy a winch and saw a new brand on the web called barricade. price is 440 for a synthetic 9500lb one and was wondering if anyone is currently running a barricade winch and what your take is on them. iv read some reviews but all they had done was installed them, not actually used them. would you recommend or say spend the money on a smittybilt or rugged ridge? helpful advice pleasea thanks
There are some reviews on the Barricade Winches on the site. They may help you make your decision. Whatever winch you decide to go with, shoot me a PM so I can get you a quote!

-Ryan
Old 06-26-2014, 07:44 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If I had to guess....I'd bet these come out of the same factory as Smittybilt or Rugged Ridge
Old 06-26-2014, 04:13 PM
JK Newbie

Ok thanks guys
Old 06-26-2014, 06:22 PM
JK Freak

I just bought the Smittybilt XRC 9.5k waterproof winch today for $299
Old 06-27-2014, 03:42 AM
JK Newbie

I would check out the quadratec q- series winch.
My dad and myself have had problems with extreme terrain on charging and selling items that have been discontinued or are not in stock and not informing us. Plus the quadratec winch in paper appears to be a better winch for right at the same price. I have their 9000# and I pulled a 3/4 quad cab gmc out of a mud hole buried to the doors. Not one problem
Old 06-27-2014, 05:54 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by zong4200@gmail.com
I would check out the quadratec q- series winch.
My dad and myself have had problems with extreme terrain on charging and selling items that have been discontinued or are not in stock and not informing us. Plus the quadratec winch in paper appears to be a better winch for right at the same price. I have their 9000# and I pulled a 3/4 quad cab gmc out of a mud hole buried to the doors. Not one problem
I'm sorry you that problem! With items that are drop shipped from the manufacturer we have to rely on that manufacturer to tell us something is out of stock. Sometimes they are on a time delay and unfortunately you got caught up in that.

As far as selling discontinued items, this is the first of hearing of that ever happening. Please shoot me your order number so I can look into what happened and ensure it won't ever happen again!

I'd love the opportunity to win you back as a customer. Please let me know when you're looking for your next part so I can get you a quote!

-Ryan
Old 02-11-2015, 10:22 AM
JK Newbie

Default Barricade Bumpers and Winch

Just got my Barricade Trail Force Front and Rear Bumpers and 12000 lb. Winch from UPS. Looks like the Winch box took a beating during the shipping, but won't know till I get everything installed and hooked up.

Will include some pics after it's installed!
Old 02-14-2015, 08:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been looking at winches also. So many choices! and to throw another one in the mix I seen the SuperWinch Tiger Shark 9500# synthetic line for $469. I guess it comes down to how much we plan on using them and what type of wheeling we do.

Quick Reply: barricade winch