Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Breather hose extention kit AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION (lots of detailed pics)

Old 07-21-2013, 02:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Jersey_Devil
The front differential breather is right next to the drivers side front shock, the transfer case breather is behind the engine and honestly I don't know where the other end of the auto trans breather is, I just found where it came outta the tranny and connected it to my main line, this is done for just like u said, mud and deep water, the factory ones are good but doing this insures you will stay dry.... And as for the Rubi question, the pics above are of my 2010 JKU Rubicon.
I found the other end of the auto tranny breather today! I started this install today and the trans breather on my '13 JKU it attached to the intake manifold, under the NVH engine cover.

Picture is below:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	639
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	480475  
Old 02-14-2014, 07:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great write-up.
Old 04-25-2015, 08:03 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by KevinMac
I found the other end of the auto tranny breather today! I started this install today and the trans breather on my '13 JKU it attached to the intake manifold, under the NVH engine cover.

Picture is below:
This is probably a silly question but I have a 2012 automatic, if the transmission line ends in the same place should I tie it into the 1/2" line under the Jeep, run an extension from it to the line going to the air box or leave it as is?
Old 09-12-2015, 05:32 AM
JK Newbie

Nice job. I had to do a similar job on my last truck but I like how they all run into one main line. This is now on my list to do
Old 09-12-2015, 05:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by KevinMac
I found the other end of the auto tranny breather today! I started this install today and the trans breather on my '13 JKU it attached to the intake manifold, under the NVH engine cover. Picture is below:
OP great write up thanks.

^^photo above I see Jeep added what looks like a dip stick lock on the auto trans. Very cool and I'm impressed with attention to small details

Quick Reply: Breather hose extention kit AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION (lots of detailed pics)