Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

DIY Spod- Waytekwire

Old 09-17-2015, 06:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Third post is the setup of the headend.
When I get on my computer I can send a wiring diagram. I have some switches only work when jeep is on and some work all the time. I realized I wanted the lights to work when my jeep was off say at camp site and don't want to leave keys in when unloading or setting up tent.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1573722522.jpg
Views:	656
Size:	507.3 KB
ID:	624775  
Old 09-17-2015, 08:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Wiring diagram - Switched power and constant power

The attached wiring diagram has all my current wiring configuration. I have a lot of electrical tweaks. My on-board air and camera angle switches only work when the jeep is on. The rear and rock lights work when the jeep is off but. The switches dim with the interior lights. The camera Angle switch shows my two front cameras, when I shift in revers the rear pops up. Normally I see a combination of all three cameras. Soon to come is my motorcycle camera. It will switch when the right blinker is on. I have it wired but need a timed relay to make it not flash with the blinker. Also i have the reverse lights hooked up but need to add the diodes to have the lights and switch both activate the rear lights.

Up-dated wiring diagram

Name:	Wiring-Acc 10.png
Views:	1588
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	624884  

Last edited by rdavi; 09-18-2015 at 10:09 PM.
Old 09-18-2015, 04:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Wow, awesome job rdavi! Thanks for sharing your pics and diagram! You put some great ideas into your setup!
Old 09-18-2015, 07:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pvanweelden
Wow, awesome job rdavi! Thanks for sharing your pics and diagram! You put some great ideas into your setup!
Thanks for the acknowledgment! I am happy with it. I did notice my diagram is missing my DVR and the load for the on-board air. Once in front of a computer I will edit it and re post.

Here is what I see most of the time till I want to focus on one of my 4 cameras.

Name:	image-173705017.jpg
Views:	579
Size:	422.7 KB
ID:	624817  
Old 09-18-2015, 07:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rdavi

Thanks for the acknowledgment! I am happy with it. I did notice my diagram is missing my DVR and the load for the on-board air. Once in front of a computer I will edit it and re post.

Here is what I see most of the time till I want to focus on one of my 4 cameras.
Your video setup is awesome! What rearview mirror and splitter are you using? Dvr on one of the front cameras? Love the creativity and ingenuity you added to the cooper bussman, good job!
Old 09-18-2015, 10:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pvanweelden
Your video setup is awesome! What rearview mirror and splitter are you using? Dvr on one of the front cameras? Love the creativity and ingenuity you added to the cooper bussman, good job!
Once again Thanks! The video switcher is: Accelevision LCDQUAD4SW QUAD Splitter and Switcher 4 Camera Inputs
The Rearview mirror is Rydeen MV431S OE Grade 4.3-inch Mirror Monitor with 2-Way Video-In with Removable Mount

I am taking the quad out put and recording all four images. With the splitter I can adjust the record out feed and choose any camera or comination of cameras very powerful product. You can also flip camera image top to bottom or left to right. If I go into it any more I should start selling the thing . But really do like the splitter, right now even though I can't see the motor cycle camera I am still recording it. I just need to find the right timer relay to make my set up work to be able to display it when I turn on the right turn signal. You can pick any camera to show up when the reverse is engaged not just the rear one. I have the rear one set up on my lower bumper to show me how close rocks and things are. That is one of the two angles I see when I flip the switch. Front camera or front bumper camera. When off I see the split screen shot.
Old 09-22-2015, 07:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thank you ^ for the info on your awesome video setup! I will be adding video soon, and that splitter looks like a great way to do multiple easily!
Old 09-23-2015, 10:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That's the best cam setup I've seen yet. If there's any more details you can post, I think a bunch of us could benefit! Thanks for sharing.
Old 09-30-2015, 10:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Camera Pit Falls

Originally Posted by Erok
That's the best cam setup I've seen yet. If there's any more details you can post, I think a bunch of us could benefit! Thanks for sharing.
I would be glade to. I would like to start by stating my current configuration was a progression that I bought and installed bit by bit and then had to figure out how to make it work. In other words it was done the Jeep way!

Originally all I wanted was a back up camera, Since I have the none touch screen radio I needed a mirror display. After doing research I found Rydeen to be my model of choice.

I got the Rydeen MV411S 10.5" Rearview Mirror w/ BIG 4.3" Backup Camera $179 off EBay

Rydeen CM2-T150B-PRHD MINy HD Ulta Low Illumination Car Vehicle Backup Camera $67 off EBay.

Both these worked great together and I could have been happy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8404.JPG
Views:	477
Size:	456.3 KB
ID:	625998

I fabricated my own camera mount at the rear tire. Then I kept thinking the mirror has a second camera input I could add a front bumper camera. It was not until I did some wheeling on an obstetrical course that I realized I really could not see the first 5 to 10 feet in front of the bumper. Now I needed a front bumper camera.

Then I bought 12V Mini Color CCD Reverse Backup Car Front Rear View Camera Night Vision $9.85.

They sent me the wrong type (rear not front) with the lines on it. Then they sent me the right one. I did not have to return the original. So I got two for the price of one. This worked well till I wanted to add the third camera I got. So I needed switcher

I got a Rydeen RYD ZH07150B Universal Mini Camera CMOS III Nightvision Technology $82 off Amazon

This is where I learned the difference between a Front facing camera and a rear facing camera. I had bought a rear camera but needed a front. All the images were switched left to right. I had no way to change it.

Name:	IMG_8406.JPG
Views:	451
Size:	424.3 KB
ID:	625999

I then started to look for a switcher that could allow me to flip the image and allow me to see all my cameras.

I found the Accelevision LCDQUAD4SW QUAD Splitter and Switcher 4 Camera Inputs $109 off #1 Car Audio and Car Video source - Quality Mobile Video

Name:	IMG_8450.JPG
Views:	388
Size:	463.2 KB
ID:	626007

This switcher I already described, but installing it made me realize how bad the cheap cameras I got off EBay were. The Rydeen mirror can display in both PAL (Europe, and Asia TVs) and NTSC (USA TVs) I set it to NTSC and all the Cheep EBay cameras were only Black and white, I set it to PAL and they come in color but my other cameras had display issues. Long and short of it the color issue really got to me so I got me a new camera

I then bought the Pyle PLCM38FRV Universal Mount Optional Front View and Rearview Backup CMD Distance Scale Line Camera from Amazon

This camera works well and if it was my only camera I would be happy but comparing it the others I have to say it is over exposed.

Rydeen CM2-T150B-PRHD MINy HD rear camera - Best Video quality
• Rydeen RYD ZH07150B rock/bump camera - Not as high resolution
• Pyle PLCM38FRV Front camera – Overexposes too easy
• Cheap PAL camera Motorcycle camera – Does not do color in NTSC

Since I had the Cheap camera I desied I did not care if my motorcycle camera was not color so I added it back on to the Jeep in a new location.

Name:	IMG_8405.JPG
Views:	430
Size:	477.8 KB
ID:	626008

I hope this help you all out there.
Old 10-01-2015, 09:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hell yeah!! Thanks. This helps a whole lot!

Quick Reply: DIY Spod- Waytekwire