Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Installing a Wraparound Windjammer on an Unlimited (4 door).

Old 11-11-2008, 12:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Serveapurpose, I actually had to look up your answer on the original direction. Those plastic spots are there for the 2door owners who choose to leave their soft top pivot brackets attached. You simply cut along the line and slit them and then you don't have to remove those brackets. In the case of the 4doors though, it makes a pretty handy spot to run the seatbelt through.

And Jeepik, it's been pretty nice here most of the time. lol But mainly the only reason I haven't put the hard top back on is that I'm planning on painting the inside of it and I just haven't gotten around to it yet. I'm hoping to get the prep work done this weekend and paint it before december rolls around.

Last edited by SaharaBlackNo1; 11-11-2008 at 12:32 AM.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:36 AM
JK Freak

quick questions it might a bit of a hijack, sorry. but if i have the bikini and duster on my 2 door and order the windjammer will i need the soft top door parts (mine is a hardtop)? and with the windjammer is it a perfect seal? no water can get inside?
Old 11-11-2008, 01:09 AM
JK Super Freak

that looks good
Old 11-11-2008, 04:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Q8
quick questions it might a bit of a hijack, sorry. but if i have the bikini and duster on my 2 door and order the windjammer will i need the soft top door parts (mine is a hardtop)? and with the windjammer is it a perfect seal? no water can get inside?
Actually I can't say for sure, but I believe for the 2 doors they sell a complete wraparound windjammer package including the soundbar cap, bikini and duster.

And I just now realized you said you haven't got the door surrounds. For it to seal out the elements you'd need them. They create the seal between the roll bar and the door. If you've ever had your top off, there's a gap between the doors and the roll bar. You can get a bikini top that works without the door surrounds, but it will let in water since the gap is not filled.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:41 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by SaharaBlackNo1
Actually I can't say for sure, but I believe for the 2 doors they sell a complete wraparound windjammer package including the soundbar cap, bikini and duster.

And I just now realized you said you haven't got the door surrounds. For it to seal out the elements you'd need them. They create the seal between the roll bar and the door. If you've ever had your top off, there's a gap between the doors and the roll bar. You can get a bikini top that works without the door surrounds, but it will let in water since the gap is not filled.
Thats for the answer and sorry for the hijack. iam sure you have seen the tj's that have the half top, its like the bikini duster and winjammer in one peice, i would like that for the jk, is it avaliable?
Old 11-11-2008, 07:49 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
Off Road Evolution Rep

Thanks for the answer back SaharaBlack! I figured that was what they were for but was a little unsure. I have the Bikini top, Duster, and non- wraparound jammer.... I can tell you that the non-wrap jammer is not the greatest option for us tall people in a 2dr.

Your idea rocks and I am sure you'll see many others running your idea soon!
Old 11-11-2008, 09:15 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by serveapurpose
Thanks for the answer back SaharaBlack! I figured that was what they were for but was a little unsure. I have the Bikini top, Duster, and non- wraparound jammer.... I can tell you that the non-wrap jammer is not the greatest option for us tall people in a 2dr.

Your idea rocks and I am sure you'll see many others running your idea soon!
Yeah i noticed from pics that the seat have to be moved forward, how can i drive? hehe.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:51 PM
JK Newbie

Very nice! Looks good!
Old 11-11-2008, 01:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Question question

SaharaBlackNo1,
To make a quicker take-down, could you slit the hole for the seatbelts, and add some velcro?!?
Obviously this would take some pro' sowing...

Old 11-11-2008, 01:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Q8
Thats for the answer and sorry for the hijack. iam sure you have seen the tj's that have the half top, its like the bikini duster and winjammer in one peice, i would like that for the jk, is it avaliable?
Not that I've seen.

Quick Reply: Installing a Wraparound Windjammer on an Unlimited (4 door).