Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Kargo master install

Old 03-03-2008, 06:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I finished a little while ago. Took forever since I had problems getting the front bars installed. The bars are definitely too long somewhere. I ended up loosening everything again. I didn't get that from the instructions but my wife says I should have from the beginning. Anyway I got the cage on but there's still something up. The back mounts are now leaning back to compensate for the stress put on them. I didn't notice when I was tightening everything again. I'm going to see if I can straighten them out tomorrow. I still have to stress that it is extremely rigid and very solid. Sorry for the night pics but I just finished.

Here you can see the leaning mounts

Old 03-03-2008, 06:45 PM
JK Freak

Nice looking jeep. Love the AEV wheels, is that Argent?
Old 03-03-2008, 06:56 PM
JK Newbie

somewhereinla

Thanks, yeah they are the argent bridgers.

Polocruz

Please let us know if you hear anything else from Kargomaster. I'm going to call them tomorrow, but I'm kind of thinking it's on there just try to fix it.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:50 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by flemgunner
Do you mean the top bars that travel the length of the jeep? Cutting em shorter or drilling another hole would make the fit easier but it would still be a pain to raise/lower the rack.
I think they need to shorten the bars and also angle the front bars back more (or angle the top section back some). If you do that you could use a quick release on the front bar to top bend section and make things alot easer and quicker.
Glenn
no, i mean twist the front leg until it alines with the top piece. then insert. the bolt holes won't line up, so drill a new hole. the rack is going to sit 4-5" off the roof. do not shorten anything
Old 03-04-2008, 08:33 AM
JK Newbie

Default Update from Kargo Master

Fredo,

I got this response from Kargo Master after I sent them the dimension of the long bars running from back to front...

Paolo,
Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I will forward this
information to my shop manager and get this corrected. Is your mailing
address as follows;
I'll post updates when I get more info. Also I haven't hit them up for the "prop rod" yet. ....baby steps

RE: Hole drilling
I was referring to what Jeepnyak was talking about. On mine, the connecting bolt holes passenger side leg does not line up with the header.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:04 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the reply Polocruz. I'm going to email them some daylight pictures when I take them. I really like this rack besides the fit. It does whistle and I have experienced the vortex because it's really windy today, but it's still a better ride than my YJ.

Thanks for starting this thread flemgunner, it's been very informative. Where are you in Louisiana? Are you going to the Offroader expo in Hammond? It was fun last year.

Last edited by fredocon; 03-04-2008 at 09:08 AM.
Old 03-07-2008, 11:27 AM
JK Newbie

Default Congo Cage Update

Just got an e-mail from Kargo Master that they've shipped out a replacement set of bars (the ones that go front to back).

They are not due until next week. I'll let ya'll know it it works out.

Paolo

jeepnyak

What setup/saddles are you using for your yaks?
Old 03-07-2008, 11:54 AM
JK Newbie

That's good news. I got an email from Marscelles asking for the pics I had, but I haven't heard back from him.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:14 PM
JK Newbie

Yeah defiantly let us know what happens with the new bars should be informative.
As for the hammond thing this is the first Ive heard of it, can you give some details? Im actually in pine prairie what I like to call "the middle of no where" but its 90 acres that I can just screw around on so it aint to bad
Glenn
Old 03-07-2008, 05:20 PM
JK Newbie

I can't post a direct link, but I hope this is okay. Just copy and paste into your browser louisianaoffroaders.com/expo

Wow, 90 acres would be nice to play around in. I've got nothing over here besides these trails in Hammond. The spillway is really only for quads and dirt bikes.

Quick Reply: Kargo master install