Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Write Up: MyGig RHR 730N Install for 2007 - 2010 JK

Old 09-02-2014, 01:37 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does Anyone have the part number to the mic connector in the rear? I've been searching but cannot find anything. I ordered part numbers provided in the thread but that's just part of the harness not the complete thing.
Old 01-26-2015, 01:36 PM
JK Newbie

Subbed
Old 03-28-2015, 06:40 PM
JK Newbie

Default Follow up questions

I have a 2015 Jeep Wrangler with the 130 RES but no uconnect or satellite radio. I want to install a 730n RHR. I know that I need a high speed unit. I had a few questions:

First I would like to use this integrated A pillar mic 1NJ83DX9AB (not the separate OEM stick on mic). I am not clear on what connector would connect the mic to the RHR. Is this the correct part? 82212906. If not please let me know which part or parts would work. I would like to buy a wiring harness that fits out of the box and would prefer not to repin connectors.

Secondly, I need the dual satellite/gps antenna. I believe the part number is 05064910AA. The question i have is whether or not this includes the connection between the antenna and the RHR. I believe it needs to go to the passenger roll bar so want to know if that is a separate part. I may also mount on the hood.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Last edited by newbie1000; 03-29-2015 at 05:51 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-08-2015, 08:52 AM
JK Newbie

Default easiest option vs not so easy option

Originally Posted by Rednroll
As mentioned there is a single SAT/GPS antenna connector. So the question you're probably going to ask next is, "How do I connect both my GPS antenna and SAT Antenna in my 2007-2010 JK to this single SAT antenna connector on the RHR radio?"

You have 2 options.....and here are your answers to doing each.

Option #1: Buy a new antenna (The easiest option) The 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee is currently one of the 1st Chrysler vehicles that has the MyGIG RHR 730N radio as an option. So there must be a single antenna which is available that is able to receive GPS and SAT radio information and then connects to this single connector. So your easiest option is to buy one of these antennas. The part number for this dual SAT/GPS antenna is 05064910AA (Thanks radside).

Option #2: Make A SAT/GPS combiner adapter (The not so easy option)
You will need to use a Power Splitter/Combiner device. One that will work for combining a GPS and SAT antenna signal is made by mini-circuits (Mini Circuits - Global Leader of RF and Microwave Components). The model number of the device is ZFSC-2-2500 or ZFSC-2-2500-S+. Price ordered directly from mini-circuits is $74.95.

Device Data Sheet Link:
http://www.mini-circuits.com/pdfs/ZFSC-2-2500+.pdf

I purchased one off of ebay for $40 by doing a search on "ZFSC-2-2500".

Here's what it looks like:

The device has 2 inputs and 1 output, it works very similar to a cable TV splitter, except in reverse for this application where it is combining the signals.

Here's what you need to do with this device to make it an adapter, so that it plugs into your existing JK system.
You will need to additionally get the mating FAKRA connectors, connect them to COAX cable and then connect the COAX cable to the device as shown.

Your existing GPS Antenna connector will connect to INPUT 1, and your existing SAT Antenna connector will connect to to INPUT2, where the output "S" will then connect to the RHR GPS/SAT single connector.

Is it just me or does anyone else agree that building a simple signal combiner module seems A LOT easier? It would take just a few minutes to build this simple combiner vs taking out the interior moldings, and dropping down the headliner to replace the antenna!

And if the antenna comes with a hard wired cable with fakra end doesn't that mean you must run the cable up to the front of the vehicle?
Good lord that seems extensive.

Has anyone done either the new antenna swap or the signal combiner? Any luck?

I have a 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland with an October 2010 build date and the RER deck. I have the RHR deck on the way and I've bought all the compnontes to do the combiner first. If there's signal cross up or interference I'll do the antenna but the combiner seems easier and cheaper.
Old 05-23-2015, 03:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by newbie1000
I have a 2015 Jeep Wrangler with the 130 RES but no uconnect or satellite radio. I want to install a 730n RHR. I know that I need a high speed unit. I had a few questions:

First I would like to use this integrated A pillar mic 1NJ83DX9AB (not the separate OEM stick on mic). I am not clear on what connector would connect the mic to the RHR. Is this the correct part? 82212906. If not please let me know which part or parts would work. I would like to buy a wiring harness that fits out of the box and would prefer not to repin connectors.

Secondly, I need the dual satellite/gps antenna. I believe the part number is 05064910AA. The question i have is whether or not this includes the connection between the antenna and the RHR. I believe it needs to go to the passenger roll bar so want to know if that is a separate part. I may also mount on the hood.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Did you ever get the right harness? I can't seem to get the right one from the dealer.
Old 05-27-2015, 03:41 AM
JK Newbie

I am midway through the install. The a pillar mic and the 12 inch jumper wire connect to a plug by the drivers side ac vent. That plug seems to go to a female connector by the radio (looked liked fifteen pins). I just need a wire to go from the female connector with a ten pin male connector for the radio. Wish i had gotten a picture. Any help on this would be terrific. Probably going to splice if i don't find the proper connector. Help!
Old 05-28-2015, 12:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by newbie1000
I am midway through the install. The a pillar mic and the 12 inch jumper wire connect to a plug by the drivers side ac vent. That plug seems to go to a female connector by the radio (looked liked fifteen pins). I just need a wire to go from the female connector with a ten pin male connector for the radio. Wish i had gotten a picture. Any help on this would be terrific. Probably going to splice if i don't find the proper connector. Help!
I'm in the same boat right now
Old 05-29-2015, 03:04 AM
JK Newbie

Let me know what you find out. There has to be a mopar connector. I would strongly prefer not to splice.
Old 05-29-2015, 04:36 AM
JK Newbie

Myjk can you post a picture of the female connector?