Notices
Member Video Creations Please post your favorite JK related video link here. Members only please.

Moab - 2014 part 2

Old 10-07-2014, 08:29 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Moab - 2014 part 2

Couple more vids from Hell's revenge

http://youtu.be/X-EzdGfFNPU
http://youtu.be/-k2_PAGsyUU
Old 10-08-2014, 07:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice man.
Old 10-08-2014, 07:18 PM
ade
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sea bass
Nice videos. Planning on a Moab trip next year. May do the Safari.
Old 10-08-2014, 07:40 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Was Hells Gate scary? Curious about trying that when we go back..... It was our first day and someone in another group flipped on its side so we passed..... I eventually did other scary ones like High Dive and Potato Salad Hill etc but really curious about Hells Gate... You seemed to be moving rather quickly going up.... I want to give it a go next trip..... Any tips? Thx
Old 10-08-2014, 08:46 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by robsjeep9
Was Hells Gate scary? Curious about trying that when we go back..... It was our first day and someone in another group flipped on its side so we passed..... I eventually did other scary ones like High Dive and Potato Salad Hill etc but really curious about Hells Gate... You seemed to be moving rather quickly going up.... I want to give it a go next trip..... Any tips? Thx
I was in 4lo first gear (6sp) in a rubicon. I did keep my revs up a little but not much. The first time I did it was in my 08 X with open diffs and I killed it half way up (taller t-case). Did not want to do that again. For some reason, it is scary. It looks somewhat easy when you watch folks crawl up it from the top but my knees were shaking both times :-). Never spun or lifted a tire, but it's still scary.

There were couple of dudes in full size K5 Blazers on 40’s and locked in the rear that tried it after watching me go up. They got about halfway up and lifted a tire and then slid off the wall and couldn't recover. They had to be winched up. Just gotta keep the passenger tires on the wall keep things level. Watch your front tire and adjust higher or lower on the wall to keep your suspension level. It really is just the intimidation factor - I'm sure you've done much tougher obstacles. This one has a high scary factor :-)

Last edited by sea bass; 10-08-2014 at 08:49 PM.
Old 10-11-2014, 07:35 PM
JK Junkie

Ok thanks for your input..... I'm sure I'll be debating on doing it or not next time as well lol
Old 10-11-2014, 09:57 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by robsjeep9
Ok thanks for your input..... I'm sure I'll be debating on doing it or not next time as well lol

That's me and the escalator. I was all set to do it this time and then chickened out. Next time for sure!!!
Old 10-11-2014, 10:52 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by sea bass

That's me and the escalator. I was all set to do it this time and then chickened out. Next time for sure!!!
Lol I'm pretty sure I'll stay away from that one.... Watched guys try it this year...... No thanks lol
Old 10-11-2014, 10:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Great vids dude! Looked like a blast!

Quick Reply: Moab - 2014 part 2