Notices
Member Video Creations Please post your favorite JK related video link here. Members only please.

The WHITE RIM TRAIL

Old 06-24-2014, 04:01 AM
JK Super Freak
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 197 Posts

http://youtu.be/H-7BrPUdB4M I have never seen a good video that covers this trail, here is an attempt t omake one after running it over two days in May of this year. Mostly still shots, and two 4 min videos really give this trail more justice to it's beauty then anything I've seen. Hope you can enjoy it! Have two more videos coming that are more about wheeling... this one is about scenery on trail! This video represents about one hundred fifty miles of dirt roads. 35 in the process of getting to the white rim trail... 114 on the trail and it's offshoot roads... Then 10 down long canyon.

Last edited by Sunnysideup; 06-24-2014 at 07:13 AM.
Old 06-24-2014, 05:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice video. Thanks for sharing.
Old 06-24-2014, 05:16 PM
JK Newbie

Default Very nice video thank you for posting

Originally Posted by Sunnysideup
http://youtu.be/H-7BrPUdB4M I have never seen a good video that covers this trail, here is an attempt t omake one after running it over two days in May of this year. Mostly still shots, and two 4 min videos really give this trail more justice to it's beauty then anything I've seen. Hope you can enjoy it! Have two more videos coming that are more about wheeling... this one is about scenery on trail! This video represents about one hundred fifty miles of dirt roads. 35 in the process of getting to the white rim trail... 114 on the trail and it's offshoot roads... Then 10 down long canyon.
Old 07-01-2014, 03:45 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

I have a number of videos uploaded that cover WRT. It is included in the Moab Overland video series, five parts, 50+ minutes of our 463 off-road miles, 10 day trip from Gateway, CO to the north rim of the Grand Canyon. That is the highly edited version, with music, voiceovers, stills, etc, presented as a documentary.

For the glutton for punishment, I also have uploaded some selected, but mostly unedited video footage in a series called Moab Overland Dailies. WRT is covered in parts 2-5 of this eight part series. Part 2 starts here, with a link in the comments to the next part.

Moab Overland 2013, Apr 13, Dailies 2: http://youtu.be/k0Z73EHVvCE
Old 07-01-2014, 07:48 PM
JK Super Freak
FJOTM Winner

I have always loved your stuff Mark! Didn't know about your White Rim video... I had serched for video of the trail before going on utube... but really never found a complete video representing the whole trail!

I'm in the process of looking at making a longer version of my own video of the trail...( I have a lot more pics and video) but having 3 or 4 different cameras that recoed in different formats is really frustrating to get them to play nice together. Windows movie maker really doest help with converting this files! Also... like you said ...it takes a certain sort of person who is willing to look at a long video of a trail... so I tried to make one that had a few peices of all the areas...

I had never seen any pics showing the amount of flora in the bottoms before my trip... it was a great surprize to find so many blooming catus and plants!

I'll have to look up your other video on the canyon... it was a great experience for us t osped two and a half days in there!
Old 07-02-2014, 11:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

This is a trip that's on my bucket list. How was the road for pulling the trailer?
Old 07-02-2014, 03:24 PM
JK Super Freak
FJOTM Winner

Pulling a trailer was fine... The only down sides were... You have a lot of places you don't want to back a trailer up, and that a trailer counts as one of the three vehicles that can be in your party.

The first is easy to handle ... If you have a jeep without a trailer... Let them be in the front.
The second problem is only a problem if you have a large group .. Then you have to reserve two campsites each night.

Be sure to get on the canyon lands web-site and reserve your campsites well in advance. In the spring most of the sites were reserved 4 months in advance.

It was a great trip! We spent three other days in moab and ran: elephant hill, hells revenge, long canyon, fins and things, arches national park, and short trips up baby lions back, and other sands flat turn outs. We want to come back and run a couple other trails in two years or so.
Old 07-05-2014, 12:00 AM
JK Newbie

What a stunning piece of country. Thanks for the videos, guys...much appreciated.
Old 07-06-2014, 08:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Nice, we took a day off from the tougher stuff to do some sight seeing and I took the shaffer trail back which is one little part of this before it splits off. Looks like some fantastic scenery. Maybe next time ill bring aome camping gear and take a few days on white rim.

As for your multi video format woes, ive used a few suites, adobe premiere is pretty decent for allowing multiple formats, fairly easy to work with and not too taxing on the machine.

sent by zeroes and ones.
Old 07-08-2014, 02:38 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

My video editing life got a lot easier when I purchased Corel Power Director. Very powerful editor. It is helpful if you set the same frame rate and resolution standards for all cameras.

Quick Reply: The WHITE RIM TRAIL