Notices
MOAB If you're thinking about heading out to Moab, Utah and are looking for information regarding trails, lodging, camping and/or events that are going on, this is the forum for you!

EJS - too much of a circus?

Old 12-27-2013, 06:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Question EJS - too much of a circus?

Never went to Moab before, even after all these years/decades of wheeling. FINALLY made reservations for me and my wife at one of the motels, for a few days during EJS... Want to run a few trails, go see Arches, and just generally explore & enjoy the area.

Starting to have second thoughts re the timing... Too many people? Too many Jeeps? Too much commotion?

Input requested on pros & cons of going to Moab during EJS vs going on some "off week" in the spring.

Thanks!
Old 12-27-2013, 10:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife and I really enjoyed the Moab Jeep Jamboree in October and already made our reservations for next year. Great group of people, a lot of couples and good choice of trails. My son and I are doing EJS but I don't think my wife would enjoy the zoo.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Moab is always crowded. But I've been going for a couple years now and think that EJS week is the best week to go. Just don't think that you are going to get a wave back when you see the first Jeep heading into town. I would check our rr4w.com site and look into doing one of the group trails.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know about the week of EJS but I went couple weeks before the event with a member on this forum and it was great! When we ran the golden spike, we didn't see one soul. It really felt like we rented the place out for ourselves.
If you want quietness without all the circus, try couple weeks before the safari and you'll be set!
Old 12-30-2013, 10:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to be the same way. Never wanted to go during EJS because of it being sooo packed.

Went for EJS 2013 in march and it was a BLAST.

1st. Its not as packed as everyone thinks it is that hasnt been there.

2nd. One of my favorite parts was meeting new jeep people, making friends, and being able to go out and eat and talk nothing but jeep with everyone there.

3rd. Its like a big Jeep Party! So much fun.

Hell last year we ran, Behind the Rocks, Poison Spyder, Hells Revenge, and Cane Creek. The only trail we got held up on was poison spyder. But then again. Its always fun to get out and do some exploring on foot while waiting.

So much fun! Cant wait to go back for EJS 2014.

Heres our video of EJS 2013

http://youtu.be/eX7yJzn3b0c
Old 12-30-2013, 03:01 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is a ton of fun during EJS! Always something going on and the Friday raffle is unbelievable!
Old 12-30-2013, 03:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

OK - EJS it is!

See ya there!

JKBANDIT55 - great video. Thanks, thoroughly enjoyed.

Yeah, I think my little JK is going to stay off those big, bad ledges though...

CW

Last edited by Cascade Wanderer; 12-30-2013 at 03:42 PM.
Old 12-30-2013, 03:45 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cool video thanks for sharing..... Question it's a 28-30hr drive for me soooooo is there no point in packing my body armor doors along as seen in picture OR does mostly everyone wheel with doors on and top up because of the heat and red dust? Thx
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-207683983.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	520107  
Old 12-30-2013, 04:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

"Temperature

The month of April is characterized by rising daily high temperatures, with daily highs increasing from 62°F to 71°F over the course of the month, exceeding 82°F or dropping below 51°F only one day in ten. "

I'm thinkin' the doors & roofs are on because of the cool weather that time of year...

Haven't been to Moab, but I've wheeled, hiked and hunted up and down the west coast. It's usually pretty cool still in April.

CW
Old 12-30-2013, 04:14 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Cascade Wanderer
"Average Weather In April For Moab, Utah, USA ... Daily low temperatures range from 37°F to 44°F, falling below 28°F or exceeding 51°F only one day in ten."

I'm thinkin' the doors & roofs are on because of the cool weather that time of year...

Haven't been to Moab, but I've wheeled, hiked and hunted up and down the west coast. It's usually pretty cool still in April.

CW
Ok thanks we're going 2nd week in May

Quick Reply: EJS - too much of a circus?