Notices
MOAB If you're thinking about heading out to Moab, Utah and are looking for information regarding trails, lodging, camping and/or events that are going on, this is the forum for you!

Pulling into MOAB on July 19th

Old 07-03-2014, 06:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pulling into MOAB on July 19th

Going to be heading from NY to Durango, CO in my modified 2012 JKUR on July 9th - probably pulling into Durango on the evening of July 11th. Plans are to hit Black Bear Pass or Imogene Pass or maybe both on July 12-13. Then head over to MOAB for the July 19 - 20 weekend. These weekends can be swapped if someone is interested in meeting up. Being from NY, I may not have much experience on trails of this magnitude but I plan on taking my time and/or going with others that are more experienced. My Jeep is modded and should handle these trails with no problems...the driver on the other hand, well he is questionable...LOL!! J/K, on trails that I am unfamiliar with I am always on the cautious side. Anyone still interested in meeting up for these trips, let me know.

Last edited by snags922; 07-03-2014 at 11:19 AM.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by snags922
Going to be heading from NY to Durango, CO in my modified 2012 JKUR on July 9th - probably pulling into Durango on the evening of July 11th. Plans are to hit Black Bear Pass or Imogene Pass or maybe both on July 12-13. Then head over to MOAB for the July 19 - 20 weekend. These weekends can be swapped if someone is interested in meeting up. Being from NY, I may not have much experience on trails of this magnitude but I plan on taking my time and/or going with others that are more experienced. My Jeep is modded and should handle these trails with no problems...the driver on the other hand, well he is questionable...LOL!! J?K, on trails that I am unfamiliar with I am always on the cautious side. Anyone still interested in meeting up for these trips, let me know.
Did you want to to Black Bear & Imogene on the same day or 1 Sat and the other Sun?
I'll do Black Bear with you Sat. I live about 2 1/2 hours away and I like to accompany visitors to the area to help them have a good memorable experience. Both those trails are scheduled to be open by tomorrow. Glad to see you are looking to do more than just Moab.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:24 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if your in durango you could stop by farmington, we are a mini moab!
Old 07-03-2014, 10:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Did you want to to Black Bear & Imogene on the same day or 1 Sat and the other Sun?
I'll do Black Bear with you Sat. I live about 2 1/2 hours away and I like to accompany visitors to the area to help them have a good memorable experience. Both those trails are scheduled to be open by tomorrow. Glad to see you are looking to do more than just Moab.
I was open to whatever. Not sure I could fit both in on one day. But ya, I was looking for someone who could guide me a little so I don't get myself into trouble. That would be great.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Maertz
if your in durango you could stop by farmington, we are a mini moab!
I would be open to that too. I'm driving my Jeep from NY by myself. Couldn't get anybody crazy enough to ride 32 hours each way! So, I'm not going through all that just to hang around. I'll be ready for any trails.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:53 AM
JK Jedi

I would be open to that too. I'm driving my Jeep from NY by myself. Couldn't get anybody crazy enough to ride 32 hours each way! So, I'm not going through all that just to hang around. I'll be ready for any trails.
no i understand. we can keep in touch, but we are usually out every weekend. my rig will most likely not be ready but ill try and see who will be out that weekend and i usually tag along and spot and such when my rigs down.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

no i understand. we can keep in touch, but we are usually out every weekend. my rig will most likely not be ready but ill try and see who will be out that weekend and i usually tag along and spot and such when my rigs down.
That would be cool! If that is your rig in your avatar, just want to let you know, I'm not sure I want to try anything like that!!

Last edited by snags922; 07-03-2014 at 11:03 AM.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:08 AM
JK Jedi

That would be cool! If that is your rig in your avatar, just want to let you know, I'm not sure I want to try anything like that!!
lol thats my old build, and we have everything from wild to mild, we can find some stuff you would like, we also have a few playgrounds.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

lol thats my old build, and we have everything from wild to mild, we can find some stuff you would like, we also have a few playgrounds.
Sounds awesome.
Old 07-03-2014, 12:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Would you rather do Black Bear Sunday? Can do that, might even have someone else to join us.

Quick Reply: Pulling into MOAB on July 19th