Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which 2.5 Coils to get?

Old 02-10-2016, 03:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wasnt sure if JKS made a better track bar or not than RK. or if the RK LCAs were as good as some others.

Thats why i asked. The Stock mod or even flex system seems like the route to go and then add the rancho 9000.
Old 02-10-2016, 03:27 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I would go all teraflex. Best company to deal with customer service wise. Their products are top notch. I would pick up their 2.5" spring kit with either the shock spacers and do Monroe reflex shocks, or go with their shocks of some flavor. Add in their lower control arms for an extra 199 and you have a complete setup. Down the road you can add their trackbar up front. Its much stronger than the others you mention made out of tube metal. I don't like those style track bars.
Old 02-10-2016, 04:59 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Chuck-The-Ripper
Just go with the stock mod and add lcas if you want. No sense in piecing out the stuff that comes in RKs kit from another manufacturer. There's not really any differences in each of them. Simple, RK 2.5" coils, front track bar, rear track bar bracket, front disconnects, rear adjustable sway bar, and if you want, front lower control arms. Then add some 9000s and you're good to go. It's simple.
Flex kit adds front lowers.
Old 02-10-2016, 06:52 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Kojack
I would go all teraflex. Best company to deal with customer service wise. Their products are top notch. I would pick up their 2.5" spring kit with either the shock spacers and do Monroe reflex shocks, or go with their shocks of some flavor. Add in their lower control arms for an extra 199 and you have a complete setup. Down the road you can add their trackbar up front. Its much stronger than the others you mention made out of tube metal. I don't like those style track bars.
while I agree TF is a great company to deal with they are no better than Rock Krawler to deal with or Rancho for that matter. I have dealt with all 3 and all 3 have provided equal exceptional service. I am sure there are others ie metal cloak, Superlift, EVO and many more that do the same.
Old 02-10-2016, 08:22 AM
JK Newbie

Yes now im looking at the RK flex kit so to get the LCAs, and then add rancho 9000.

Northridge has a package on website for 1,287.00 who do i contact about the forum discount? anything helps you know.

Proably gonna attempt to install kit on my own, then jsut get an alignment at 4wheelparts. Or is that not needed.
Old 02-10-2016, 08:29 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Go to northridge's web page email them in contact section tell them you are a forum member or try jkforum in the discount box when getting ready to check out
Old 02-10-2016, 08:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4
Rock Krawler and AEV are both great options. I would recommend getting the AEV Geometry brackets with either kit for caster/pinion angle correction in the interim as it will make a big impact on day to day driving.
This^

I went with AEV 2.5 inch kit with control arm brackets....Love it....good luck with your decision.
Old 02-10-2016, 12:16 PM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by jadmt
while I agree TF is a great company to deal with they are no better than Rock Krawler to deal with or Rancho for that matter. I have dealt with all 3 and all 3 have provided equal exceptional service. I am sure there are others ie metal cloak, Superlift, EVO and many more that do the same.
Going by personal experience that TF has the best customer service and their products are awesome as well. I deal with TF because of this customer service.
Old 02-10-2016, 12:26 PM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Andysamuel18
sounds like the RK coils are the way to go for me from all ive read.

Next ?

Is the JKS track bars (front, and rear) any better than doing just the RK front track bar and rear bracket?

Reason i ask, i can get the RK 2.5 stock mod and add the LCA, or I can get the RK 2.5 Coils, and go with JKS front and rear track bars (no need for rear bracket than i believe) and throw on some LCA and some bumpstops and end links.

Still want to go with the Rancho 9000 i think vs Bilstiens. I like the adjustability of the ranchos for street comfort.

Thoughts?
Thoughts: We think you're making a good choice on coils.

As mentioned prior the lower control arms are a good option. If you're set on the JKS trackbars you can purchase the front lower separate: RK02015. We have heard a lot of compliments on the Rancho's recently as well. Belstiens have always road great as well.

RK
Old 02-10-2016, 12:38 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks, Im actually going to go with the 2.5 Rock Krawler Flex kit so that I get the front lower control arms with it.

I think i will be snagging a set of rear links as well, since the kit only comes with the front disconnects.

I appreciate everyone's help and input on this and am stoked to get my jeep lifted.

Quick Reply: Which 2.5 Coils to get?