Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Which 2.5 Coils to get?

Old 02-10-2016, 01:27 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Kojack
Going by personal experience that TF has the best customer service and their products are awesome as well. I deal with TF because of this customer service.
Me too, I have personally dealt with Rock Krawler, TeraFlex and Rancho and they are all equal when it comes to Customer service. Unless you have dealt with Rancho and RK kind of hard to make that blanket statement that TF is the best lol. All 3 have been equally good. I deal with RK, Rancho and TF because there customer service as well as Northridge4x4 which has always provided great service.
Old 02-10-2016, 02:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
Flex kit adds front lowers.
Yeah, my bad... Lol.
As for adding Monroe shocks and spacers, I would never. That takes away most the reason to lift a jeep... What are the Monroe shocks like 7-8" of travel?...
Old 02-10-2016, 06:32 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck-The-Ripper
Yeah, my bad... Lol. As for adding Monroe shocks and spacers, I would never. That takes away most the reason to lift a jeep... What are the Monroe shocks like 7-8" of travel?...
Stock i assume lol
Old 02-11-2016, 12:56 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Actually, the Monroe reflexs are 1" longer than stock and have more travel. Soooooo, if your never disco'ed, there is no reason not to use them as they are better handling on road, smooth on and off road and control the washboards way better. They are a great budget option. I am on my second set now and they work awesome for jeeps that are mildly lifted like mine and don't RAWK KRAWL.

Last edited by Kojack; 02-11-2016 at 12:58 AM.
Old 02-11-2016, 02:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by webejeepin
Very happy with my AEV 2.5" dual sport plus GEO brackets. On road DD was a big improvement over stock. Full size spare, aftermarket front and rear bumper, plus rock rails. Don't think you can go wrong with AEV or RK.

Second For AEV. 2.5 dual sport. Had it on the Jeep for a year and a half. Handles great on road and off road.

Question for webejeepin.... You running 35s? I am thinking of adding bumpers and winch, which I know will pull lift down a little. Any idea how much lift you lost due to weight.
Old 02-18-2016, 06:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by WHT_JKUR
Second For AEV. 2.5 dual sport. Had it on the Jeep for a year and a half. Handles great on road and off road. Question for webejeepin.... You running 35s? I am thinking of adding bumpers and winch, which I know will pull lift down a little. Any idea how much lift you lost due to weight.
I'm running 33s right now.

I added front mid width bumper and rear bumper with tire carrier at the same time as my AEV 2.5"
I also run a full size spare. No winch either.

Not having stock bumper on I'm not sure how much lift I lost.

There's a stock measurement diagram floating around here were you measure the distance of the centre bolt on the bottom of one front shock to the top of the shock mount.

I want to say stock is 18.5"? Don't quote me...I currently measure just over +2.5"

Will see if I can find this photo.
Old 02-20-2016, 04:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Found the photo I was thinking of.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2864683047.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	638257
Old 02-20-2016, 05:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very happy with my OME HD coils on my heavy JKU!
Old 03-02-2016, 04:27 AM
JK Newbie

Pulled the trigger.

3.5 Rock Krawler X-Factor kit with the bilstiens, and an exhaust spacer.

Got a killer deal on kit. Waiting for it all to come in now, so i can get it installed.

Figured i have the money, so mine as well do the x-factor and not add arms as i go, Get it aligned properly from the start.
Old 03-02-2016, 04:35 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Nice way to do it right from the get go.

Quick Reply: Which 2.5 Coils to get?