Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Add the .75?
Yes
0%
No
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

2 Door Jeep JK, 2.5 inch TF Coil Lift plus .75 + daystar coil spacers. Good idea?

Old 02-10-2016, 09:10 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 Door Jeep JK, 2.5 inch TF Coil Lift plus .75 + daystar coil spacers. Good idea?

I just installed a 2.5 inch TF Coil lift on my 2 dr jk and then added a Rancho Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier. Now my back sags and the front sits slightly, just a little bit higher now. I was wondering if it was safe to add the .75 spacers to the rear. Would the handling suffer? Thanks
Also have another 100# of rock sliders coming in the mail.
Old 02-10-2016, 10:07 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

You will be fine. TF makes a nice spacer too I actually like it better as it has a spring guide to keep coil in place. get the 1".
Old 02-11-2016, 02:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by matt852
I just installed a 2.5 inch TF Coil lift on my 2 dr jk and then added a Rancho Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier. Now my back sags and the front sits slightly, just a little bit higher now. I was wondering if it was safe to add the .75 spacers to the rear. Would the handling suffer? Thanks Also have another 100# of rock sliders coming in the mail.
Report out how this goes... I have a 2.5 lift on a 4dr and am looking to add weight. I was considering a coil spacer as an option if needed. Was wondering if spacer would have any implications/negatives in terms of performance, driveline, etc. love the set-up I have and don't want to unintentionally create a frankenlift situation.
Old 02-11-2016, 06:58 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WHT_JKUR
Report out how this goes... I have a 2.5 lift on a 4dr and am looking to add weight. I was considering a coil spacer as an option if needed. Was wondering if spacer would have any implications/negatives in terms of performance, driveline, etc. love the set-up I have and don't want to unintentionally create a frankenlift situation.
That is the main issue I have as well I think I will go with a .75 spacer the front sits just barely higher and from terra flex they said their front gives 3 inch and the back gives 2.25 with stock bumpers so I'm thinking with the +.75 it should be okay. I'm guessing the rear which added a net 110# with the rancho bumper and hi jack lift most likely dropped it .25 inches and I like a little rake.

Last edited by matt852; 02-11-2016 at 07:00 PM.
Old 02-11-2016, 07:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm adding 1" spacers to the front and rear of my Teraflex 2.5" coils this weekend. I'll let you know if anything blows up.

Quick Reply: 2 Door Jeep JK, 2.5 inch TF Coil Lift plus .75 + daystar coil spacers. Good idea?