Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4.1 stroker? Who's done it? Pros vs cons

Old 03-09-2015, 06:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lomax-dtl
Dang man that's going to be a lot of power better invest in that ATS hd transmission! I'm on my 3rd trans with 70k. http://www.atsdiesel.com/ats2/produc...p?p=3069408320 there is a link if your interest on down the road.
That tranny looks and sounds bulletproof. I'm going to have to take it easy for awhile. I have used all my allowance for a while according to my loving and understanding wife. Lol
Old 03-09-2015, 11:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jarod5
Yes I will be doing this in my garage.
Will you be getting the ported heads as well? It doesn't look like that is included in the kit and it seems like that is where the majority of the gains are coming from along with the cams. This is so tempting, I have the lifetime powertrain warranty and I'm still thinking of going this route when mine gives up a goose egg, just cracked 100k.

Please continue to provide updates, there is very little information out there on this besides some banter and what's in jp magazine.
Old 03-10-2015, 02:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yes it has ported heads.
Old 03-10-2015, 03:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am going to check this out and watch the results of your build. I just rolled 95000 and have been wondering what to do when mine gives up the ghost.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 03-11-2015, 02:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Has anybody found any videos on this motor on the inter web?
Old 03-11-2015, 05:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Granted, it's only the Internet, but I've read accounts that the stroker is unreliable. The author of the information states that a friend has been through three stroked motors and cost more than a V8 swap to "get it right."

Sent from some string and a few tin cans.
Old 03-11-2015, 06:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Where's said info at? I would love to read the article.
Old 03-11-2015, 07:58 AM
JK Newbie

There is a stroker kit from HESCO but it's more money and they don't provide a lot of info. The kit from HESCO is almost the same as the engine from 505.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jarod5
Where's said info at? I would love to read the article.
it's over on wayalife. A member over there is friends with and met with a pit crew member whose had some issues with a stroker and another acquaintance was on the third. A search for stroker will pull it up. Sent from some string and a few tin cans.

Last edited by CerOf; 03-11-2015 at 09:38 PM.
Old 03-12-2015, 05:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CerOf
it's over on wayalife. A member over there is friends with and met with a pit crew member whose had some issues with a stroker and another acquaintance was on the third. A search for stroker will pull it up. Sent from some string and a few tin cans.
I wonder if that's why there was never a follow up to the original article. If I'm reading it right that engine was comp'ed for the magazine. Hard to badmouth someone giving you free stuff. Some good info at WOL just wish it wasn't a constant penis measuring contest over there.

Quick Reply: 4.1 stroker? Who's done it? Pros vs cons