Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4" Long arm fit 40's?

Old 09-30-2014, 08:33 AM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Skip the "kits" and go full custom long arms. Look up Ringer, Mertz, vfireman39, cj that went jk, co4low, abendex. These builds are all worth looking at as far as custom builds. Lots of work but come the rewards just realize that going this route will cost a bunch and will make the jeep nearly unsellable without a huge loss. I am at about 3.5" of lift with 40's on a double triangulated set up.
^^This! Co4lo is my hero.
Old 10-01-2014, 05:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Skip the "kits" and go full custom long arms. Look up Ringer, Mertz, vfireman39, cj that went jk, co4low, abendex. These builds are all worth looking at as far as custom builds. Lots of work but come the rewards just realize that going this route will cost a bunch and will make the jeep nearly unsellable without a huge loss.

I am at about 3.5" of lift with 40's on a double triangulated set up.
I agree with Dirtman on this. If you have the ability or funds, skip the aftermarket long arm kit. Most leave too much to be desired in my opinion. A custom setup is a lot of work, but the results are better than anything off the shelf.
If you don't have the ability for full custom, really decide what you want it to do. In my opinion a long arm isn't necessary until you are over 4" of lift, or in excess of 12" wheel travel.
Good luck with the build.

Quick Reply: 4" Long arm fit 40's?