Anybody Running a rally mirror???

Default Anybody Running a rally mirror???

is anybody running a rally mirror like this? if so, how goes the mounting? is it easy or does it need a bit of tim tayloring? any pics would be great

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rally mirror.jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	4.9 KB 
ID:	413490
    2007 UNLIMITED X. Rescue green. Rock Krawler 3.5 X Factor. Metal cloak over line fender flares, custom high clearance bumper, trektop nx. trekarmor seats with OD inserts. 35" Mickey Thompson MTZ. Poison Spyder rock rails. 50" engo led with engo mounts, warrior tube doors. cherry bomb. Custom green web shade American flag. rough country dual steering stabelizer, OME 3.5 shocks, ARB lockers front and rear d30/d44, 4.56 gears 6 SPEED.

In my racecar I use a wide convex mirror, I think they work better. Seamless from side to side and take up less space in your windshield.

I can't image it being that great in a street car.

from Pegasus:

I dig the 5 panel look. Wondering if its an easy mount though
    2007 UNLIMITED X. Rescue green. Rock Krawler 3.5 X Factor. Metal cloak over line fender flares, custom high clearance bumper, trektop nx. trekarmor seats with OD inserts. 35" Mickey Thompson MTZ. Poison Spyder rock rails. 50" engo led with engo mounts, warrior tube doors. cherry bomb. Custom green web shade American flag. rough country dual steering stabelizer, OME 3.5 shocks, ARB lockers front and rear d30/d44, 4.56 gears 6 SPEED.

Gonna try to keep this going.
    Bump

I'd be interested to hear some opinions too ...???

::Bump bump::

i have run them before in cars, and adjusted perfectly they are awesome, but i had a hard time using the one style mount I would have liked to use which is a lot like the stock mirror arm, but they wouldnt stick no matter what I tried. They are also very cheap so If you really wanted to try one out id say get it, just not sure how easy it will be in the jeep to mount. On my other cars I ended up pulling out the stock sun visors and used the holes from those to mount the mirror since the visors wouldnt be able to be used where the mirror was mounted. Also the mirror does block a decent amount of sun.
    2012 2dr Rubicon on 37s

Quote Originally Posted by Hinrichs View Post
    i have run them before in cars, and adjusted perfectly they are awesome, but i had a hard time using the one style mount I would have liked to use which is a lot like the stock mirror arm, but they wouldnt stick no matter what I tried. They are also very cheap so If you really wanted to try one out id say get it, just not sure how easy it will be in the jeep to mount. On my other cars I ended up pulling out the stock sun visors and used the holes from those to mount the mirror since the visors wouldnt be able to be used where the mirror was mounted. Also the mirror does block a decent amount of sun.
    Great info. I heard a lot of stories about that windshield mount actually shattering the windshield. I'd like mount it to where the sun visors bolt in just didn't know if it was a good fit

9. Default JK-Forum