Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone use these mirror relocation brackets?

Old 02-01-2015, 02:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone use these mirror relocation brackets?

These are from the Mopar parts web site.

Jeep Wrangler Mirror Relocation Brackets (Part No: 102504RR)

They look to be ok, just truing to see if someone has used them or not, and if they came with the blankoff plates for the doors. and they re-use the original mirrors so you don't have to pay for new ones with the others laying around!

Spring is comin, time to take the doors off!
Old 02-01-2015, 02:56 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I haven't used them but I've read a lot about mirror relocation before I bought the ones I have. The general consensus is that that location can be hard to see on the passenger side because it is mostly obscured by the dash.
Old 02-01-2015, 03:14 AM
JK Newbie

I have them.....drivers side is workable but still not right ans passenger side mirror pretty much becomes non existent. I just bought my Jeep with them on it and I think I am going to remove....still deciding.
Old 02-01-2015, 04:07 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 14Sport
I haven't used them but I've read a lot about mirror relocation before I bought the ones I have. The general consensus is that that location can be hard to see on the passenger side because it is mostly obscured by the dash.
14sport which ones do you have, and do you have a pic or a link to a web page?
Old 02-01-2015, 04:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

If your gonna go doorless, id recommend Olympic safari mirrors. When you take the doors off, the mirrors install in the door hinges. You get better visability. And you're legal.

Those relocation brackets are pretty much only for to keep you legal while driving without doors. The passenger side mirror is out of eyesight. And the drivers side is kinda at an awkward angle.

Get some type of mirror that installs in the hinges. They install with a jam nut. Simple on and off. I recommend the Olympic safari mirrors. Some people use Harley Davidson motorcycle mirrors.
Old 02-01-2015, 04:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by immortalmetal
If your gonna go doorless, id recommend Olympic safari mirrors. When you take the doors off, the mirrors install in the door hinges. You get better visability. And you're legal.

Those relocation brackets are pretty much only for to keep you legal while driving without doors. The passenger side mirror is out of eyesight. And the drivers side is kinda at an awkward angle.

Get some type of mirror that installs in the hinges. They install with a jam nut. Simple on and off. I recommend the Olympic safari mirrors. Some people use Harley Davidson motorcycle mirrors.
This is probably the best way to go. I made mine with some hardware from Lowe's. I used canopy mirrors from a F-18 though. The driver side I can see fine, passenger I have to angle it so it moves the mirror closer towards the back of the Jeep to see it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20150201_083435.jpg
Views:	771
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	594706
Old 02-01-2015, 04:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Haha! That's pretty cool!
Old 02-01-2015, 04:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by immortalmetal
Haha! That's pretty cool!
Yeah. I'm a seat mech so we change out the mirrors when the ball on the back of them wears out and its a consumable part, so I can keep it. I just shoved a screw in there to stop the mirror from moving.
Old 02-01-2015, 04:56 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Elkdognc
14sport which ones do you have, and do you have a pic or a link to a web page?
I have the Dietechs which put the mirror in the exact same spot as when the doors are on. No vibrations either.

Die-Tech Off-road Mirror Brackets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32r_aFDgHZ4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32r_aFDgHZ4
Old 02-01-2015, 05:58 AM
JK Newbie

I use these and visibility isn't bad on the passenger side. It just requires removing two hinge bolts on each side to mount the bracket. You can take the mirror off and still leave the brackets if you plan to use them regularly. Plus they have the CJ look.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2148279070.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	594718

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum

Quick Reply: anyone use these mirror relocation brackets?