Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BedRug vs. BedTred

Old 03-04-2015, 08:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the BedTred in my JKU and really like it. I only have the front (so far) so I can't really comment on the dog hair issue yet. I did, however, have one of my dogs vomit (a LOT... I honestly don't know where it all came from) directly into the front floorboard while sitting in the passenger seat. I pulled it out, hosed it off (along with the floor of the Jeep), let it dry a little, then put it back in. It was quick, easy, and still looks as good as new.

My only concern about the rear section and dog hair is that I usually have the back seats folded down and it doesn't cover that. So I'd still have dog hair on the carpet-like material used on the back of the seats unless I put down a blanket. And I get a lot of dog hair (although not usually that much dirt... I had just picked up some sod for the yard):
Click image for larger version

Name:	Yeti.jpg
Views:	743
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	599639
Old 03-04-2015, 09:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Good looking pup ! Thanks for the review being mine is a 2dr and I have the rear seat out I wont have that issue, sounds like the BefTred is the way to go

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 03-04-2015, 11:42 AM
JK Newbie

With two white dogs, I just recently installed the Bedtred front and back for the same reason. For the back of the seats I found some thin rubber matting at Home Depot, cut it to size and used heavy duty velcro to attach it to the back of the rear seats. It's been working great so far.
Old 03-05-2015, 05:31 AM
JK Newbie

I have three labs and Bedtred covering my 2 door JK and love it. All the hair that doesn't stick to the seats blow out while driving. This could be annoying if you are riding around with just the windows down but awesome running topless.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is the BedTred secured by velcro to the floor so it stays put ? I remember concerns about floor coverings that lifted when driving Topless. I like it for insulation and sound deadening , wondering how it stays in place with dogs moving around , wind.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:20 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Four Low
Is the BedTred secured by velcro to the floor so it stays put ? I remember concerns about floor coverings that lifted when driving Topless. I like it for insulation and sound deadening , wondering how it stays in place with dogs moving around , wind.
It does have velcro that goes in specific spots but frankly I don't think it's even necessary. The BedTred isn't going anywhere even with the top and doors off (that's how I run most of the time).

Last edited by j_c_a; 03-05-2015 at 10:52 AM.
Old 03-06-2015, 07:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by j_c_a
It does have velcro that goes in specific spots but frankly I don't think it's even necessary. The BedTred isn't going anywhere even with the top and doors off (that's how I run most of the time).
Agreed. I put it all in first to make sure it fit and figure out how it all went in and it stayed put so well that I never bothered taking it back out to put in the Velcro that came with it. It tucks in under most of the plastic trim and is molded to the shape of the floor so that seems to hold it in place just fine.
Old 03-06-2015, 08:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've been looking at this for the same issue. I have two English Bulldogs and they shed horribly. It is fine so it gets in everything.

I have been looking at bedtred for the back, but I have the subwoofer in the back and haven't been able to determine if there is a version of it that allows for that.

Thanks
Old 03-06-2015, 10:18 AM
JK Newbie

It fits fine with the subwoofer, although it's not a perfect fit in the back where the tailgate closes. If you leave the factory cover in for the storage compartment, when you add the thickness of the BedTred mat, the tailgate doesn't close correctly. You have to either a) trim back the BedTred mat at the tailgaite or b) not use the factory cover for the rear storage cubby.

I'd give the passenger area kit a 10/10 for fitament. The rear cargo kit is only 8/10 IMO as there are a couple areas that could be done better.
Old 03-26-2015, 10:22 PM
JK Newbie

Default samples

If you contact Bedrug, they will ship you a 4x4 sample of each so you can compare. I like the softness factor of the rug, but it doesn't look like a normal carpet. the tred is more like a grippy mat, some texture but not obnoxious.

Quick Reply: BedRug vs. BedTred