Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bestop Convertible Top for Hardtop

Old 04-30-2016, 10:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I fell in love with this as soon as I saw it, then I saw the price. You can buy a full soft top for the same price so my question is what should I do? I like the idea of the soft top (as long as it flips back in the front) and I can pull panels off on nice days and put them back on for cold or rainy days. Decisions, decisions.
Old 04-30-2016, 10:23 AM
JK Freak

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 07 Rescue Green
I fell in love with this as soon as I saw it, then I saw the price. You can buy a full soft top for the same price so my question is what should I do? I like the idea of the soft top (as long as it flips back in the front) and I can pull panels off on nice days and put them back on for cold or rainy days. Decisions, decisions.
I suggest you find a used MOPAR Premium Sunrider Soft Top; install in spring and summer, and use your Hard Top in Winter.

The Sunrider, flips back over the front seats very easily.
Old 04-30-2016, 12:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks Doc, sounds like just what I'm looking for.
Old 05-02-2016, 12:46 AM
JK Newbie

For those who have this top.
What material did you chose and why? This top is spendy. Is the 100 extra dollars worth it for the premium material?

Thanks.
Old 05-02-2016, 04:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 07 Rescue Green

Agree!!!! I'm not cheap and spend big $$$$$$ on upgrades ....... But this one I'm def having a hard time swallowing.
Old 05-02-2016, 10:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just installed this in the twill fabric. I must say to me it was worth the money. The top functions great and easy to use from the drivers seat. Install was a little bit of a pain trying to get the Allen screws threaded. I would buy it again!
Old 05-02-2016, 02:45 PM
JK Newbie

For the people that have this top, do you also have a spider shade? If so, how do they function together? Do you have to keep the front spider balls unclipped until you fold the top back?

And is it worth the extra $100 for the twill vs the black diamond fabric?
Old 05-02-2016, 04:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by epleeds
For the people that have this top, do you also have a spider shade? If so, how do they function together? Do you have to keep the front spider balls unclipped until you fold the top back? And is it worth the extra $100 for the twill vs the black diamond fabric?
Both my JK's have the premium sunrider soft tops, they are tough as nails, clean easily and worth the extra $$. Also it doesn't give that cheaper plastic like look like the standard top. For a bikini that stays in place check Bestops sun bikini out. It is designed to remain in place even when the top is up (soft or hard top) as it doesn't use those balls. It was new last year and I will be buying one this year.
http://www.bestop.com/component/prod...product&id=143
Old 05-02-2016, 08:28 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Ripa777
Agree!!!! I'm not cheap and spend big $$$$$$ on upgrades ....... But this one I'm def having a hard time swallowing.
It is money well spent and worth every penny. If something happened to mine I would replace it asap.
Old 05-03-2016, 05:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jadmt
It is money well spent and worth every penny. If something happened to mine I would replace it asap.
Thx for info. Ordered on Amazon coming Thursday

Quick Reply: Bestop Convertible Top for Hardtop