Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bestop Convertible Top for Hardtop

Old 05-06-2016, 09:06 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noise

For anyone that's running one ... how does the noise level stack up against the Freedom panels when running with the Sunrider closed at highway speeds?
Old 05-06-2016, 09:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by etiwandablues
For anyone that's running one ... how does the noise level stack up against the Freedom panels when running with the Sunrider closed at highway speeds?
+1, I currently have the bestop NX soft top and it's pretty noisy at times at highway speeds.
Old 05-06-2016, 10:02 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

slightly louder but not bad when comparing with both closed. I have been to about 85mph and can still talk on the phone. With it flipped back it is actually quieter than with the freedom panels removed. If you have ever been in a wrangler that has the premium soft top that is about the noise level.
Old 05-07-2016, 05:10 AM
JK Newbie

Made one out of a Trex Top a buddy had collecting dust.
Less noisy than a full soft for sure.
Old 06-13-2016, 01:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

bump'n it up to see how y'all are liking your top?! also, are you having isssues with your header seal tearing? if so, what year jeep are you running it on? cheers!
Old 07-06-2016, 07:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Can someone with this top take a measurement for me? I'd like to know how many inches this sticks up above the high ridges on the hardtop when in the open position. I'm trying to determine if I would have to close it every time I pull into my garage.
Old 07-06-2016, 07:38 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by jckid
Can someone with this top take a measurement for me? I'd like to know how many inches this sticks up above the high ridges on the hardtop when in the open position. I'm trying to determine if I would have to close it every time I pull into my garage.
Old 07-06-2016, 07:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jadmt
Thanks for getting that so quick. Looks like it will work for me. I'm planning on a little more lift, and a little taller tires too, and it looks like the Jeep would still clear the garage with this top open.
Old 07-07-2016, 06:20 PM
JK Jedi

even if it is too tall in the open position it is a 5 second job to flip it down. you don't even have to move from your seat. reach back and it flip it down. I have no issues flipping it open or closed while in traffic or doing whatever.

Quick Reply: Bestop Convertible Top for Hardtop