Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake light on dash?

Old 01-31-2015, 08:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake light on dash?

I got plenty of Christmas lights up already.... But this brake light shows up more often now. When driving or sitting. Checked the brake fluid under the hood reservoir... It's not low, brake pads should be good. I did change the handbrake since cable broke but this was years back.... Any ideas? Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-339232919.jpg
Views:	462
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	594676  
Old 01-31-2015, 11:09 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Check the switch on the handbrake?
Old 02-01-2015, 12:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Check the switch on the handbrake?
We're is this located? Do I need to remove the center console again? Thanks
Old 02-01-2015, 03:07 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by Jasoncinpean

We're is this located? Do I need to remove the center console again? Thanks
Yes you do. It is at the electrical connector you had to disconnect on the handle itself.
Old 02-01-2015, 07:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yes you do. It is at the electrical connector you had to disconnect on the handle itself.
Wonder if that is what it is... It came on every now and than but now comes on more often... Wonder what would happen if I unplugged that thing altogether lol
Old 02-01-2015, 07:42 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Wonder if that is what it is... It came on every now and than but now comes on more often... Wonder what would happen if I unplugged that thing altogether lol
The switch may be bad, or perhaps you just didn't get it connected up properly. You should be able to get at it with just lifting up the back of the center console--I know it can be a small pain to get it completely out of the way. If the connection is good and disconnecting it leaves the light on, you should be able to put a jumper across the connector to turn the light out. It won't be there to advise you, and neither will the chime, if you leave your brake handle up and try driving. As weak is my own e-brake is, that's a prescription for hot brakes because I really don't notice the brake being on. Consequently, I hardly ever set the e-brake.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

The switch may be bad, or perhaps you just didn't get it connected up properly. You should be able to get at it with just lifting up the back of the center console--I know it can be a small pain to get it completely out of the way. If the connection is good and disconnecting it leaves the light on, you should be able to put a jumper across the connector to turn the light out. It won't be there to advise you, and neither will the chime, if you leave your brake handle up and try driving. As weak is my own e-brake is, that's a prescription for hot brakes because I really don't notice the brake being on. Consequently, I hardly ever set the e-brake.
Ok all check that, I just don't get it, I installed the new e-brake years ago and just now I started getting this issue
Old 02-01-2015, 08:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

It's a solid brake light it doesn't blink like when the e brake is pulled up
Old 02-01-2015, 08:33 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Ohhh. Hmmm.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:36 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

I'm not sure, but doesn't it change to flashing when you actually put it in gear or start driving or something? Looked at the owner's manual and it doesn't say.

Quick Reply: Brake light on dash?