Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disconnect with Teraflex Leveling Kit?

Old 03-18-2016, 07:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disconnect with Teraflex Leveling Kit?

Hi All,

Getting ready to spend some cash on my 2013 4 door Sahara and wanted to run it by you all to see if I am going to cause problems.

Here are my plans:

285/75r16 Duratracs - will not be going to 35s
Pro comp 7069 - 4 inch backspacing
Teraflex leveling kit - could do spacer or spring

The questions I have are:

Will I rub at full flex with this setup when disconnected?

If I would rub when disconnected, what are feasible fixes/mods that can be done to prevent rubbing?

I would like to stay as close to stock as possible and want to go with the leveling kit over a 2.5 lift. I think the 2.5 and 33s on a 4 door doesn't look right.

Any help/input/suggestions are greatly appreciated. You saving me cash and headaches is even more appreciated!
Old 03-18-2016, 07:49 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jarloc
Hi All,

Getting ready to spend some cash on my 2013 4 door Sahara and wanted to run it by you all to see if I am going to cause problems.

Here are my plans:

285/75r16 Duratracs - will not be going to 35s
Pro comp 7069 - 4 inch backspacing
Teraflex leveling kit - could do spacer or spring

The questions I have are:

Will I rub at full flex with this setup when disconnected?

If I would rub when disconnected, what are feasible fixes/mods that can be done to prevent rubbing?

I would like to stay as close to stock as possible and want to go with the leveling kit over a 2.5 lift. I think the 2.5 and 33s on a 4 door doesn't look right.

Any help/input/suggestions are greatly appreciated. You saving me cash and headaches is even more appreciated!

you will rub your front flares when disconnected. I have a 2 dr and I originally put 4 door springs on and 1" spacers front and back from the TF leveling kit.....it netted me 2.5" of lift up front, and when I disconnected my 285/75/16 rubbed like crazy when disconnected (even with increased bump stops).

I've since gone to a proper 2.5" TF coil lift, 35's and flat flares.....problem solved
Old 03-18-2016, 07:52 PM
JK Newbie

also, the second I put the 33's on, I wished I had gone with 35's......why don't you want to go 35's?
Old 03-18-2016, 08:36 PM
JK Newbie

I like the look of 35s on a JKU, but don't want to get into regearing, gussets, etc.....yet. I currently have 3.21s and it is my daily driver. Did you run the 285s with the 2.5 lift? Any rubbing with that setup?
Old 03-19-2016, 10:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

I rub my rear fenders with 33.4s with my 2.5" BB. No bumpstops though
Old 03-21-2016, 01:35 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jarloc
I like the look of 35s on a JKU, but don't want to get into regearing, gussets, etc.....yet. I currently have 3.21s and it is my daily driver. Did you run the 285s with the 2.5 lift? Any rubbing with that setup?
if you're not doing any hard offroading....I wouldn't worry too much about gussets with 35's.....I have 35s on a stock D30 and haven't had any issues....knock on wood. You have the newer engine, so you may not have to regear...it will be liveable even with 3.21s. I have an automatic with the 3.73 gears and the old 3.8l motor and it's fine for me.......do I get shitty mileage? absolutely! but it's not like i was getting great mileage when it was stock. I get about 14 around town and 17 on the highway now......I could regear....but doesn't really seem worth it to me with 35s. If I ever plan to go up to 37s, then yes regear and at the very least sleeves and gussets.
Old 03-21-2016, 02:18 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Proper bump stop is key to rubbing issues simply adding lift does nothing to prevent rubbing when stuffing tired into the fender wells.
Old 03-21-2016, 04:02 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Proper bump stop is key to rubbing issues simply adding lift does nothing to prevent rubbing when stuffing tired into the fender wells.
when I went with 4 door springs and 1" spacers all around, I also added 2" of bump stop and was still into the front fenders with 33's and disconnected.
Old 03-22-2016, 07:14 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

You are not properly set up then
Old 03-22-2016, 06:16 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
You are not properly set up then
needed probably another .5"-1" of bumpstop

Quick Reply: Disconnect with Teraflex Leveling Kit?