Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drag link flip kit !

Old 05-25-2016, 04:06 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
What ends do those use though?
Forged fully sealed w/ 30mm ballstuds. Look like stock but massive. Theres also a no flop feature built in to the knuckle joint.

yeti and Synergy

http://youtu.be/v0NH5X7iLEw
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3102066715.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	467.3 KB
ID:	647971  

Last edited by kjeeper10; 05-25-2016 at 05:57 PM.
Old 05-25-2016, 04:23 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sa29560
Might just be my case, but I have a TF monster front track bar. When i did the high steer with synergy I had to keep my bump stops a little longer in front because the large hump of the track bar on the axle side getting crazy close to the pitman arm while flexing and turning passenger. I'm looking at other options so I can get all my usable travel up front. I'm sure I could get another 1"-2" of up travel, but maybe that's just me. I like the track bar but don't want it limiting, or worse, contacting other parts.
Synergy track bar. Lol.
Old 05-25-2016, 06:13 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
Synergy track bar. Lol.
Problem I have with their track bar is the ends. I'm not a fan of heim joints at all. Doesn't matter how big they are I just don't like em. First track bar had em and had play in the ends along with being very flimsy material, just flexed all the time.

I've been looking at the metal cloak and with wheeling season upon us here in CO I'm going that direction I believe. Has a very similar shape to the synergy but a different end setup.

I'm like a woman when it comes to my jeep. Seems no matter what I get I end up changing my mind to make it complicated.
Old 05-25-2016, 08:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Chiming in as I'm also looking to flip the drag link. I've got the TF trackbar as well...would I still need a seperate trackbar bracket to make the synergy drag link work?
Old 05-25-2016, 08:53 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by renzo1200
I've got the TF trackbar as well...would I still need a seperate trackbar bracket to make the synergy drag link work?
An adjustable trackbar centers the axle.

The function of steering correction is to flatten the steep angles the draglink and trackbar are running at after a taller lift. This is accomplished by either dropping the frame end of both bars (a drop pitman + trackbar bracket), or raising the axle ends (moving the draglink to the top of the knuckle + a trackbar bracket).

Relocating both at the same time keeps those bars roughly parallel to each other. Move only one, and they are no longer parallel, and you get some funky steering. Unless that is what you want?

Just re-read the question. You do not need the trackbar bracket to run the synergy draglink. It will work in the stock location, if you want to run it there before you get around to flipping. Then at some later date, just add the trackbar bracket and drill the knuckle and move it up.

Last edited by nthinuf; 05-25-2016 at 10:59 PM.
Old 05-26-2016, 04:35 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by sa29560
Problem I have with their track bar is the ends. I'm not a fan of heim joints at all. Doesn't matter how big they are I just don't like em. First track bar had em and had play in the ends along with being very flimsy material, just flexed all the time. I've been looking at the metal cloak and with wheeling season upon us here in CO I'm going that direction I believe. Has a very similar shape to the synergy but a different end setup. I'm like a woman when it comes to my jeep. Seems no matter what I get I end up changing my mind to make it complicated.
Yes I forgot about Metalcloak one. I was going to get that one as well.
Old 05-26-2016, 05:06 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
Forged fully sealed w/ 30mm ballstuds. Look like stock but massive. Theres also a no flop feature built in to the knuckle joint. yeti and Synergy Video Link: http://youtu.be/v0NH5X7iLEw
2 tons the Yeti is tested at here ^^
Old 05-26-2016, 05:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Pay once and cry once. Fusion 4+4 has rare parts tie rod and drag link. Lifetime warranty on ends. I replaced my synergy stuff with this. I do not like the slop in synergys ends specifically their drag link ends. It's all bolt on as well. Not cheap but far better then synergys stuff.
Old 05-26-2016, 11:16 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Riflejk
Pay once and cry once. Fusion 4+4 has rare parts tie rod and drag link. Lifetime warranty on ends. I replaced my synergy stuff with this. I do not like the slop in synergys ends specifically their drag link ends. It's all bolt on as well. Not cheap but far better then synergys stuff.
What slop do you speak of in the synergy ends?
Old 05-26-2016, 02:08 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by Riflejk
Complet opposite for me, I had the currie which uses the rare parts and I hated them. I switched to synergy and have been running them for about 4 years with tons and 40's.. The rare parts flopped around and were messy with with grease due to the shitty seal they used.

Quick Reply: Drag link flip kit !